Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to find a relationship councillor?Relate?

(3 Posts)
conkerpods Tue 10-Jan-17 21:41:29

Hi,where to start to look for a marriage therapist please?Are Relate any good?
It's for a friend based in Essex.

PsychedelicSheep Tue 10-Jan-17 21:50:57

Not really, they train their own counsellors 'in house' so they have a pretty narrow skill base compared with someone who's done a postgraduate diploma or masters.

Look on the bacp website and both draw up a shortlist of some that you like the sound of, then cross reference those and contact a few to see which you feel comfortable with.

conkerpods Tue 10-Jan-17 22:28:03

Thankyou that's really helpful. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: