Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I right to end this?

(43 Posts)
Polarbearflavour Tue 10-Jan-17 19:44:54

My now ex partner said we had to go on a break but once my parents apologised profusely (long story, cultural issue, my parents made an error that disrespected his culture and this made his parents advise him to end it with me) I could come back! Hmmmm! I have to move out by the end of the week. It's his flat.

I do still love him, he can be very sweet and cute but...

1. Constant criticism - wrong hand-wash, wrong loo roll, why don't I cook more etc
2. Nothing I do is ever enough
3. Sulks if he doesn't get sex and masturbates furiously when I am trying to sleep.
4. Gets drunk a lot and gets angry and loud
5. Controlling behaviour - looks at my texts and cries if I moan about him to friends. If I try and calmly explain my issues I have with him he gets angry/defensive/cries
6. Trying to catch me out "what did you say, what did they say etc" in relation to what I say to people about him
7. I haven't met his family - due to cultural reasons. We are not engaged so I cannot meet them. It's been almost 4 years. He spent Christmas apart from me.

I need to leave and not come back right? sad

lazydog Tue 10-Jan-17 19:46:53

Run for the hills and don't look back!!

MsPavlichenko Tue 10-Jan-17 19:48:13

Yes.

Fizzingwhizbees Tue 10-Jan-17 19:48:39

Run.

Streuth Tue 10-Jan-17 19:49:30

Fast.

bert3400 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:50:12

Run away Polar bear.....be free .

LesisMiserable Tue 10-Jan-17 19:50:25

Sorry but you had me at furious masturbating grin

I rarely say this as I usually see both sides, but the guy is a berk. Get rid.

sooperdooper Tue 10-Jan-17 19:50:48

Ugh he sounds awful, don't look back!

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 10-Jan-17 19:51:47

Yes leave. Perfect opportunity to save yourself and never look back!

Freedom2017 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:52:37

Number 3 makes me so glad I am single.

everythingis Tue 10-Jan-17 19:55:32

3 is fecking horrendous. So are the rest. There are other men out there. Millions of them!!

TheNaze73 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:56:14

There's a lot of these threads, where I think hmmmmm. However, on this occasion, he certainly sounds like an utter prick.

Masterbating furiously.... An enduring image wink

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 10-Jan-17 20:01:53

People commenting on number three are cracking me up. 'An enduring image'. 😀

Polarbearflavour Tue 10-Jan-17 20:03:24

I think of myself as strong minded and stubborn...but not when it comes to this! Things have been okay up until the past 6 months when the above has got worse. We've had so many nice times but recently I have been feeling really sad. He has a very good job and keeps telling me how he treats me like a princess and takes me on holiday and out for posh meals...

Patriciathestripper1 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:05:44

Run away without looking back

piglover Tue 10-Jan-17 20:05:54

What a wanker, in more ways than one. Get rid now.

AnyFucker Tue 10-Jan-17 20:07:19

What is "furious" masturbating confused

mumonashoestring Tue 10-Jan-17 20:13:58

Ech. You can get 'sweet and cute' from a pet without any of the other angsty, aggressive, mentally tortuous bollocks. They do not need to come as a package. Walk away.

TheNaze73 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:16:00

Was thinking that myself AnyFucker

Is the fury in you not letting him have sex or the speed of him cracking one off?

Sorry to make light of it OP but, I can't get masterbating furiously, out of my head

AnyFucker Tue 10-Jan-17 20:19:54

Steady on, Naze grin

I bet he does everything "furiously". He can stick his fury where the sun don't shine. What a complete tool.

Ohyesiam Tue 10-Jan-17 20:27:01

You deserve to be loved and respected, find a men who can do this, and take responsibility for his actions/ feelings.
Do glad you don't have kids with h I'm. Don't become one of those crazy mn marriages where 10 years down the line, the woman starts admitting to herself that she has always had doubts, but has always actively ignored them.
If it's not straightforward, and happiness producing the majority of the time, then it's not going to work long term.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 10-Jan-17 20:29:48

I think "furiously" in this case means "with considerable vigour"

Op you are right. You need to end it.

Cricrichan Tue 10-Jan-17 20:30:36

Lucky that you've seen this before kids etc. Get out now.

OliviaStabler Tue 10-Jan-17 20:33:11

Run. Very fast!

user1484083219 Tue 10-Jan-17 21:51:06

you know the answer already, due to your list......

even if you randomly picked a guy in the street, he would almost certainly be better than this one.............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now