Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I stay with my husband

(5 Posts)
SaraB12345 Tue 10-Jan-17 05:37:05

Hello,

I am completely lost right now trying to decide if I should get a divorce. We have been married for 6 years with 3 incredible children. My husband used to be a such a sweet man who helped me with our children. Now all he does is critize everything that I do and spends almost no time at home or with our kids. Yesterday was my breaking point after he called me a f**** b** that should walk in front of a bus with my children in the room. He goes out almost every night and sometimes doesn't come home until the next day. Even when he is home he sits on the couch on his phone. I've told him that I can't handle much more of this and he has made it clear that he will fight me for every penny because he makes the majority of our income. Please help me decide what to do. We used to be so in love but now feel like strangers with completely separate lives.

lovelearning Tue 10-Jan-17 05:47:03

Should I stay with my husband

No

Get a lawyer

PassTheWineAndFags Tue 10-Jan-17 05:55:05

For him to make a comment like that I think all possible chances of fixing things are very remote. Ring a lawyer for your free consultation and get your hands on copies of all paperwork relating to your finances before he hides things. I cannot begin to understand how you feel but tap into yoit anger and get things done before the upset takes over. Hugs flowers

silkflowers Tue 10-Jan-17 07:13:32

How long has this behaviour going on for? Have you spoken to him about it? Other than saying to him you can't take much more of this, I mean. Have you had a proper chat.

My ex was emotionally abusive and did a lot of what you describe, but it started when I was pregnant with DC1.

I echo PP ^ and say definitely get copies of financial paperwork before he hides it all. Although he is talking out of his arse if you are the primary caregiver to the children and he thinks he can "fight you for every penny". You will be entitled to a lot I would imagine. You need a good family solicitor.

JanuaryMoods Tue 10-Jan-17 07:26:00

Lawyer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now