Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dh behaviour

(9 Posts)
scrabble1 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:12:57

Last night dh snapped at me and said "button up and b****r off" he's not spoken like this before but recently getting snappy and difficult. Another example was DS had his hand held gaming console in my bag and DH was paniking "I will have to get phone number of local police, you will get in trouble with that in a shop". I ignored ! He seems to overreact to everything. Can't tell him or he says "get off my back about everything "

TwitterQueen1 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:15:41

I don't understand why your DH wanted to the phone number of the local police???? Did he think someone would think your DS had stolen the console or something?

Not enough info here OP. and there are worse things than "button up and bugger off".

hellsbellsmelons Mon 09-Jan-17 15:19:27

Why did he tell you button up?
What was the pre-amble to this?
I'm not sure what to say without more background.

Topseyt Mon 09-Jan-17 15:23:30

"Button" up?? Don't understand? Button your bag?

Also, what is wrong with having a hand held gaming console in your bag? They are made to be portable.

Maybe I am being dense, but I am not sure I understand your post.

mumonashoestring Mon 09-Jan-17 15:24:53

Has he always been snappy and difficult or has something changed? Agree with others, not really enough info to even start working out what might be going on with him...

TheNaze73 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:29:54

I'm lost?? What did he say? I'm tried to fathom it out??

scrabble1 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:58:53

We were chatting last night and he suddenly said "button up (shut up)and bugger off". Yes he thought shop staff would think I had stolen it, despite it having ds stickers on it. He is very uptight

LineyReborn Mon 09-Jan-17 16:03:42

Wtf

mumonashoestring Mon 09-Jan-17 16:16:09

Understood that part - what's making this difficult for people to understand is that we have no way of knowing if this is normal behaviour for him, if it's suddenly changed, if you've suddenly got to the point where you can't tolerate it any more...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now