Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship book recommendations

(5 Posts)
HoursOfFun Sun 08-Jan-17 20:32:28

Hi
Please can anyone recommend a good relationship books?
I just read 'he's just not that into you' and found it quite helpful. Not particularly because I'm in a bad relationship at the moment but just to help understand some of the crap I've put up with in the past in previous situations and how to avoid it in the future.

On here the other day there was a thread where someone mentioned a book called something like 'be the bitch' or something like that - can anyone remember the actual title and is it any good?

I want books that help me feel in control and help me guard against my 'people pleasing' tendencies and my tendency to be passive.

I just want to know how to get happiness out of situations and not be dicked around, basically! Thanks in advance, all.

hoolabaybee Sun 08-Jan-17 22:00:23

It's called 'why men marry bitches'

I've got them all and the t-shirt

I'm still single hmm

HoursOfFun Sun 08-Jan-17 22:06:58

Thanks for the reply Hoolay - but I guess that could be because you're choosy and know what you want and won't settle for any old loser, right?

hoolabaybee Sun 08-Jan-17 22:26:32

Sometimes think I'm too choosy n as I'm 44 time not on my side. Just always find something I don't like about them on second or third date..

So tired of it all tho...😒

Streuth Sun 08-Jan-17 22:38:32

Just always find something I don't like about them on second or third date..

My theory Hoola is that most people don't age very well - unless they spiritually develop (in its widest sense) once past their youth. Since most people prefer not to put energy here, their personality never really matures .... youthful energy and sex drive can only carry you so far. I'm often quite shocked at how weird and undeveloped alot of men my age (50) are. Its almost sad in a way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now