Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I love my DH very very much.....

(26 Posts)
runnyhabbit Wed 21-Feb-07 22:27:41

I'm 33 weeks with our second dc (ds is 21 months) He works long hours to provide for us as a family. He's away in Glasgow this week (we live in South Wales) and I'm missing him terribly
I've been feeling very emotional the past few days (boss being a bit of an arse, unwanted comments on bump size, shattered chasing after a toddler etc) and ended up crying on the phone to him (which I really didn't want to do as I know he can't do anything being so far away)
He just listened, said everything that I needed to hear. Then he rang and told me to listen to a song that was playing on the radio, which always makes him think of me.
Heard it today in the car and realised, all over again that I love him so much, and I'm so glad he's mine
(the song is "I love You" by the ordinary boys, the words send a shiver down my spine )
I just wanted to tell the whole world about my wonderful husband, (I know that there are a lot of b***ds out there) and MN seemed the best place to do it!

Tortington Wed 21-Feb-07 22:28:58

awwww

QueenEagle Wed 21-Feb-07 22:30:17

Good on you! Makes a nice change to have a positive thread re other halves!

Nice to hear

ShinyHappyPeopleHoldingHands Wed 21-Feb-07 22:31:18

That's lovely RH. Long may you stay so happy.

Crazydazy Wed 21-Feb-07 22:32:21

I've got one just like yours so there (crazy puts her tongue out)

I love that song, Preston wrote it for Chantelle didn't he? They are a lovely couple I reckon. Are you the Preston and Chantelle of Mumsnet then?

ja9 Wed 21-Feb-07 22:33:44

aww what a lovely post runnyhabbit!

itsmeNDaveP Wed 21-Feb-07 22:34:22

You big soppy sod

littlelapin Wed 21-Feb-07 22:39:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkchampagne Wed 21-Feb-07 22:39:04

<thread hijack> Hi crazydazy, haven't seen you for a while! (BT BTW!)
runnyhabbit - sweet post, really pleased for you.

littlelapin Wed 21-Feb-07 22:44:10

runnyhabbit Wed 21-Feb-07 22:47:49

Not sure about about being the Preston & Chantelle of MN but we are very loved up We did have quite a whirlwind romance! Moved in after 5 months together, and bought our first house within a year of our first date. Been together 7 years this June, and married for 4 in October.

Actually, dh does have somethings in common with Preston.....always looks serious, quite quiet (until he knows you) and his actions always speak louder than words....

OMG is that the time...really must go to bed..

Bucketsofdynomite Thu 22-Feb-07 09:36:35

Also pleased to see no 'But' in your message, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Daisybelle Thu 22-Feb-07 09:56:52

Sounds fantastic. Dh here is pretty great too. It's lovely to have a chance to say, and hear, something nice about them for a change!

Lullabyloo Thu 22-Feb-07 10:07:53

Awwwwwwww that's lovely.

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Thu 22-Feb-07 10:10:06

Oh that's lovely. In fact, I feel a bit now because I call my dh for all sorts on here when in fact, he is wonderful really!

Lizzylou Thu 22-Feb-07 10:13:58

Runnyhabit, that's so lovely, he sounds like a real support for you and it's lovely to feel so loved, isn't it?

I have to remind myself every now and then how lovely my DH is, because he is and a fab Dad too, he's just not so fab at some domestic stuff. Thankyou, you have inspired me to remain positive!

Katy44 Thu 22-Feb-07 16:17:05

Ahh runnyhabit, thanks for a lovely topic.

I've just remembered when I was in the middle of my (quite bad) morning sickness and feeling really awful, I got a huge bunch of roses at work for no apparent reason one day. On the card it said "To Mummy, sorry for making you so sick recently, love Bump xx". It embarrassed me then, but was so lovely of DH.

Paddlechick666 Thu 22-Feb-07 16:39:55

i'm jealous!

but glad your dh and the other's mentioned have done such nice things for you.

PollyLogos Thu 22-Feb-07 16:56:16

You lucky thing! Hope the next couple of days go really fast and he's back home with you soon.

Marls001 Thu 22-Feb-07 17:21:39

Wow runnyhabbit I have one just like yours as well and we just had our second LO in Sept. Still absolutely infatuated with him after 8 years' marriage. It was hard I remember to have him go away during late pg. He was/has been SUCH a help since DS2 was born. You are very lucky to be in such a relationship. Am very very thankful.

Thank you for sharing that.

Crazydazy Fri 23-Feb-07 13:20:07

Hi pinkchampagne I think I go through bouts of boredom with MN but its back in my interests now....

I have been with my DP almost 8 years, we are getting married in Cyprus on June 1 and honestly believe that real love does grow over time.

I got pregnant the first time DP and I made love! Was a big shock but we both wanted the baby so agreed to give the relationship a go even though we barely knew one another, any 7 months later DD came into our lives and although we didn't have much time to ourselves before being parents our relationship has gone from strength to strength over the years and now he's my best friend and soul mate and am so glad we decided to give it a go.

TenaLady Fri 23-Feb-07 13:24:07

Good for you gal

Katy44 Sat 24-Feb-07 09:56:14

Ohh Crazydazy that's lovely

runnyhabbit Sat 24-Feb-07 20:24:19

Crazydazy - I can highly recommend marriage and totally agree about true love growing over time.

littlelapin Sat 24-Feb-07 20:34:09

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: