Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please help me to get over emotional affair,please

(12 Posts)
troubledsoul12 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:41:01

I feel like someone drained last piece of sanity and heart from me .

Deadsouls Sat 07-Jan-17 08:43:54

More information is needed

troubledsoul12 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:45:12

I am broken... Ask me anything you wish to know

Skang Sat 07-Jan-17 08:47:30

You've not said anything about what's happened? Or even who has had the emotional affair?

Deadsouls Sat 07-Jan-17 08:48:12

Well you need to put some context in the post, otherwise it's difficult to respond. I'm not going to ask specific questions.

troubledsoul12 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:55:12

I am sorry ...it's me which basically makes me the guilty one but I just couldn't stop it when I knew I should .
We met a year ago , both married with children . We had in common many things including both our relationships hit the rock bottom .
We agreed it will stay as it was , no physical contact , I guess it was just more as a comfort to myself that I was not doing anything wrong, that I wasn't cheating on my lovely husband ...but i was And i knew that but i was flattered , couldn't stop myself . It felt Good , réal good ...

Is it normal to feel this way? To feel like I lost half of me?
I had my heart broken long ago but this feels worse , like I am suddenly in the dark tunnel and looking for a light that I just can't see

troubledsoul12 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:56:17

I probably don't make much sense

QuiltedAloeVera Sat 07-Jan-17 08:58:03

Figure out what the emotional affair was giving you that was otherwise missing in your life. Then fill that gap.

So - he* made you feel pretty - make more effort with your appearance
He made you laugh - watch some comedy/go out to a comedy gig
He was someone to talk to - go through your address book and arrange to see as many people as possible over the next three weeks.
It was exciting - volunteer to do a charity sky-dive.

If you are currently in a relationship, think very carefully about whether you wish to remain in it.

It helps to stay busy - get Marie Kondo's book and declutter your home.

*Major sex-based assumption, I know. Sorry everyone.

QuiltedAloeVera Sat 07-Jan-17 08:58:52

X-post.

How's your marriage these days?

Alfiemoon1 Sat 07-Jan-17 09:47:14

Does your husband know about it ? Are u still on contact with the other person if not who broke contact? You either need to address the issues in your marriage that lead to u having the affair or call it a day it's not fair on your dh I am on the other side to u trying to deal with my dh emotional affair not that he will even admit that's what it was

sweetbabboo Sat 07-Jan-17 11:39:47

I realised that I didn't even like my EA bloke, and I didn't miss him. It's the hundreds of messages, the 'good morning beautiful, sleep well?' message that would be waiting for me every morning. Looking back I think where did I find the bloody time, but never the less, it feel very lonely now there is nothing.
You'll get through it troubled. I did.

Dollius01 Sat 07-Jan-17 11:52:26

What does the OM want and what do you want?

Ask yourself and be completely honest-is this real or a symptom of your marriage being at rock bottom?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now