Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should we split

(7 Posts)
user1457801902 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:41:54

Our DS was born 3 months ago and my DPage seems to have given up on the relationship. I do all the normal stuff, cleaning, washing Irowing and looking after the dogs as well as DS. He comes home from work, goes to bed for 2-3 hours and then has a strop that his team isn't made. I have tried pointing out that if he took DS and put him to bed I would be happy to make his dinner. I belive in being equals but he doesn't do anything. I also earn twice his wage and I am ready to throw the towel in. I don't know what to do!

user1457801902 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:44:36

Our DS was born 3 months ago and my DP seems to have given up on the relationship. I do all the normal stuff, cleaning, washing Ironing and looking after the dogs as well as DS. He comes home from work, goes to bed for 2-3 hours and then has a strop that his tea isn't made. I have tried pointing out that if he took DS and put him to bed I would be happy to make his dinner. I belive in being equals but he doesn't do anything. I also earn twice his wage and I am ready to throw the towel in. I don't know what to do!

PurpleWithRed Wed 04-Jan-17 22:51:50

was he this useless before you had a baby? Do you get anything positive out of the relationship?

Aquamarine1029 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:54:51

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. This guy is a deadbeat. You need a man, not another child.

Cricrichan Wed 04-Jan-17 23:35:53

What was he like before? It takes a while to adjust to having a baby and many men think that as soon as you give birth they have to stop doing anything house related. Sit him down and explain and tell him that unless he pulls his weight you will split in which case he will have to do a his household tasks as well as look after the baby on his own when he has her.

SandyY2K Thu 05-Jan-17 00:28:33

Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't improve. .... end it.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 05-Jan-17 10:42:35

Well you don't need him to get by.
He's of no use to you what-so-ever.
He adds to your stress and work-load.
What's the point of him? Really???
If it's nothing then get rid of him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now