Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

SEPARATION OR DIVORCE

(7 Posts)
lilli30101968 Tue 03-Jan-17 09:43:32

HI EVERYONE HAPPY NEW YEAR! SEPARATION OR DIVORCE ? MARRIED FOR 18 YEARS HUSBAND BEEN GOING OUT EVERYDAY WITH NO NOTIFY ME ITS BEEN A WHILE AND TAKE IT AS A HABIT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE DOES NOT WANT TO CHANGE I AM NOT HAPPY AND NOT SLEEPING AT NIGHT .

InfoFreako Tue 03-Jan-17 10:28:29

Sorry to hear that.

Have you told your DH how you feel?

Cheers.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 03-Jan-17 11:33:38

Separate 1st as you'll have to for 2 years anyway.
Then you can divorce.
Have you thought all the practicalities through?
Where would you live?
Are you able to cope on your own financially?
Any kids involved? What ages are they?
Do you have family support around you?
Would he leave if you told him to get out?
Have you had any legal advice as yet?
Do you work?
Get benefits?
Does he work?

TheNaze73 Tue 03-Jan-17 11:37:23

I agree with melons

SandyY2K Tue 03-Jan-17 14:38:48

Will he contest a divorce?

If not, then start the divorce process. Let him know you mean business.

Yes ... it takes 2 years, but I think you can cite unreasonable behaviour and get the wheels in motion.

Newbrummie Tue 03-Jan-17 14:42:18

Rip the plaster off quick is my advice

lilli30101968 Wed 04-Jan-17 10:00:01

Melons he will never leave the house as its a join morgage I have told him so many times to go and think what he wants to do . I worked full time but he earn more than me still doing my share, yes i have kids 16 and 12 will be def struggling financially and dont have any family support 12 year daughter ask him why he dont come home his answer was i shout on kids too much thats an excuse because kids need to be disciplined .
Behaviour been on for years on and off i must put up with it the relation is dead as we dont do anything together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now