Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just asked dh to leave......

(4 Posts)
j3 Wed 21-Feb-07 08:34:53

I am a regular with a namechange.
I have problems with the marriage since the start,all the false promises about him giving up drinking etc.
We have not spoke for a couple of days, you could cut the air with a knife iyswim. So this morning I asked him to leave.
Got an appointment tommorow with solictor, do you think they will offer marriage guidance? TBH he wouldn't go to that....he hasn't got a drinking problem..
at the end of my tether with it all.

j3 Wed 21-Feb-07 08:39:42

got to get to work now, any helpful advice would be appreciated...TIA

Hulababy Wed 21-Feb-07 08:40:15

So sorry you are going through this. No advice but hopefully someone with more experience on these matters will be along soon.

detoxdiva Wed 21-Feb-07 08:48:23

They may suggest mediation. Would your dh consider that. It's more about giving the 2 of you that chance to talk about your situation rather than working on the relationship iyswim. If nothing else, it tries to get you talking about the terms of your seperation amicably, so there's less of a stressful time when it all goes through the legal system. It is really beneficial to try and agree terms relating to children and money in a civilised manner, although it's very hard in practice. Lots of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now