Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

"I'm looking forward to my baby coming"

(7 Posts)
DoubleCarrick Mon 02-Jan-17 19:04:35

No Nan, it's not your baby!!

Having a pain in the arse family and a baby due in a week isn't the funnest angry

Lireal Mon 02-Jan-17 19:10:56

flowerscake

DoubleCarrick Mon 02-Jan-17 19:18:32

I don't even have a question, just feeling sorry for myself sad

katiegg Mon 02-Jan-17 19:20:30

oh I feel your pain! I love my mil dearly, but when she refers to my children as her babies I see red!

DoubleCarrick Mon 02-Jan-17 19:30:07

I'm thankful that my PILs are lovely! Mum and Nan are having wars over possession of this baby. Never mind that I'm nearly 30 and it's MY BABY

ILoveDolly Mon 02-Jan-17 19:31:42

Surely the correct answer to that is "yes it would be lovely to have you do the nappy changes thanks" grin

DoubleCarrick Mon 02-Jan-17 19:36:04

Haha, she'd love it. My aunt was pressured not to breastfeed so that Nan could have her two. She's well into her eighties and would be a liability looking after the baby.

DH and I have been working on being assertive throughout this pregnancy as the boundaries within my family are so skewed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now