Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I in the wrong

(6 Posts)
Idontknow49 Sun 01-Jan-17 00:11:54

Sorry this post may be long and boring but I need some advice as have nobody else I can ask.
I live with my fiancé we have been together for a long time now and have several children. The problem is whenever I have something I feel down about he doesn't listen and ends up leaving the room where as vice versa I listen and am sympathetic.
He feels like I moan constantly but yet he also feels because he works he doesn't have to do anything else bearing in mind he is home for 3.30. I do everything around the house tend to his needs, yet I'm always the bitch that ruins everything. He finds it hard to speak to me so take for instance tonight we were meant to enjoy a few drinks but as per usual he has spent the time speaking to others or on facebook whilst listening to music whilst I sit bored, he doesn't understand where I'm coming from when I try to explain this and just thinks I'm out to ruin his time ( like I'm having the time of my life) this is our constant routine and I can't say anything that makes him understand he just thinks I feel sorry for myself, and that I have ruined tonight like Christmas Day due to stress because he played Xbox all day and wouldn't even feed the baby so I could prepare dinner because he was (busy.) Do you think I am unreasonable?

MollyHuaCha Sun 01-Jan-17 00:15:18

No. Happy new year.

Lovelilies Sun 01-Jan-17 00:17:24

My first LTB of the year!

BumDNC Sun 01-Jan-17 00:21:07

He sounds like a prize catch OP

Hidingtonothing Sun 01-Jan-17 00:26:45

No, what's the point of being with someone if you don't spend time doing stuff together? A relationship should be about enjoying being with each other, being a team and supporting each other but it doesn't sound like he's interested in any of those things. Honestly I think I'd rather be on my own than constantly disappointed and let down by someone like him OP, something to think about maybe?

SohornaBlu Sun 01-Jan-17 02:51:18

You can do so much better than this. He won't change and the stress of dealing with him is only going to get worse. Prepare yourself for leaving him. I understand you have a baby so you may not feel ready or able to up and walk out yet. Mentally separate yourself from him first, have no concern for what he's doing. Focus on your baby and what you need to do to get out of this relationship; getting back to work, getting support from friends, finding somewhere else to live...

It's hard but ask where you'd like to be in five years. What kind of relationship do you want to be in? What kind of man? Then go rebuild your life where you can get what you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now