Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Eurgh.....horrible message, just needed to vent

(47 Posts)
stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:39:12

Just needed to get this one off my chest, so that it doesn't have me tossing and turning all night.

I had an internet date 2 nights ago, and thought he was....mmmm....OK, decent-ish bloke, but not quite my type. (Plus, he blew vape smoke in my face. Ick).

He seemed pretty keen, but I'd kind of decided I didn't want to see him again by the end of the evening, so we parted without saying much. I was considering sending him a message apologising and wishing him all the best though, but he'd implied he was messaging other people too, so I thought, on reflection, he'd probably get over it PDQ.

Now he's sent me a message calling me a "fucking bitch", saying "he had his tongue up my arse all evening" (probably why I felt increasingly uncomfortablegrin) and inviting me to fuck off etc.etc.....Now he's deleted his account, so I can't even respond (probably for the best, mind).

My feathers are ruffled. What a shit last happening of the year sad.

Potnoodlewilld0 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:41:04

Wow! This is a blessing in disguise can you imagine him not showing his true colours and you actually liking him.

This is a good thing flowers

Awww Ignore him he sounds like a fool. Have a happy new year x

ChapstickLegends Sat 31-Dec-16 22:41:37

WTF? Let me get this straight, he hadn't heard from you so he messaged you with abuse? sadangry

HecateAntaia Sat 31-Dec-16 22:42:29

Ah don't worry about it. He's likely one of those that's trawling for sex. If thats how he deals with a very gentle and polite rejection you made a good call

Megatherium Sat 31-Dec-16 22:42:40

You dodged a bullet there.

HecateAntaia Sat 31-Dec-16 22:43:31

Oh my mistake. I thought you'd messaged him. (Blame the vodka)
Angry angry little man. Even luckier escape

GerardNoWay Sat 31-Dec-16 22:44:06

What an arsehole!

I'd be frustrated that I couldn't reply and tell him exactly what his failings were, but as you say that's probably for the best.

Shitty way to end 2016, but take it with a pinch of salt. He'd obvs got his knickers in a twist as you hadn't messaged him post-date gushing about how awesome it was and how you couldn't wait to see him again. You're well out of it. It speaks more of his insecurities than your failings.

stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:44:17

Precisely, chapstick. Although I think he'd got the impression I didn't want to see him again by the end of the date- nothing definite actually said, but he walked off without saying goodbye. Which I thought slightly churlish, but thought "Oh well, feelings are hurt, never mind"....

ChapstickLegends Sat 31-Dec-16 22:44:54

Hecate I agree, whether the OP messaged him or not he has got serious issues and it's great that she found out early!

OP do you know 'bye felipe'?

sotiredbutworthit Sat 31-Dec-16 22:45:12

Wow! I'd say that was lucky and that you dodged a bullet! Forget him and his immature behaviour. You are worth a lot more than that! Xx

ChapstickLegends Sat 31-Dec-16 22:45:35

Sorry cross post.

He didn't say goodbye? confused

Horrid, is all I can say.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 31-Dec-16 22:45:37

Lucky escape.

Destinysdaughter Sat 31-Dec-16 22:46:18

See this is a really good thing as he's shown you what an arse he is and your twat radar is working really well.

Rejoice!fsmile

stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:49:16

Yeah, part of me would want to send him a frosty and ever-so-dignified reply, gerard, but that could lead to a shitstorm of abuse. Best left, I know....

Aw, this has been my first sally into OLD for 5 years, and I wanted to come away from the encounter with "Well, he wasn't quite right, but hey nice guy anyway" vibes, rather than "Fuck! Narrowly avoided psychopath!" vibes sad.

I haven't got any decent messages from anybody else yet (quivery lip).

TheThingsWeAdmitOnMN Sat 31-Dec-16 22:49:28

WTAF. He messaged you that out of the blue?

ChuckSnowballs Sat 31-Dec-16 22:50:18

I would take it as a compliment that you saw his true colours so well. Nice one.

stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:50:53

What's "bye felipe"?

GerardNoWay Sat 31-Dec-16 22:52:41

Did you mean 'Bye Felicia' Chapstick?

If so, that is one of the best autocorrect fails ever and shall be using 'Bye Felipe!' from now on!

Pheebs770 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:52:50

Oh definitely submit it to bye Felipe !

stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:53:46

Here is the message in all its hideousness- for cathartic purposes:

"Christ ....I wish I could find a way of deleting you on here.......I'm not even smart enough to do that !! what a stupid fuck wit I am though ....Spent all my time with my tongue up your arse, and all you did was fuckin insult me .....Still you can fuck off , and good luck on your next date ......Oh ,and I'll try and grow a pair in the meantime...There you go bitch .....you said you like swearing ...lol (: Oh ,and a Happy new year of course x"

GerardNoWay Sat 31-Dec-16 22:54:04

Nope! Apparently Bye Felipe is a meme in its own right!

knowyourmeme.com/memes/bye-felipe

Pheebs770 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:54:39

Instagram

stubbornstains Sat 31-Dec-16 22:55:08

He must have seen insult where none was intended; I certainly didn't set out to insult him hmm

GerardNoWay Sat 31-Dec-16 22:56:29

Bizarre man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now