Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being Strong

(3 Posts)
carben Sat 31-Dec-16 20:59:43

Have been in an emotional affair with my first love for the last 3 yrs. Seen each other 4 times face to face - talked on messenger much more frequently. He is on his third marriage - no kids. I live with my long term partner - 2 kids. We have not spoken for the last 2 weeks - no idea why. I am not about to ask or contact him. I know that I should use this as a means of cutting him out of my life and who knows he might have beaten me to it. I love my kids - probably not my partner but I like him and leaving would be such a big can of worms to open up. We rub along ok and it would upset so many other people if we split up. Not asking for anything really other than the gumption to stick to my guns as far as the EA is concerned and learn to be satisfied with what I have.

ilovemykitchenaid Sun 01-Jan-17 19:44:44

Has he ever done this before? Could something have happened to him?

LackingAGrip Sun 01-Jan-17 20:08:54

It's hard isn't it though Carben. I'm in a similar situation to you except I'm probably just starting out on the EA. I can't leave my partner. We have two kids which I love. I do love my partner but as a friend, nothing more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now