Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I raise DS to become a good future partner/husband/father?

(2 Posts)
JemIsMyNameNooneElseIsTheSame Sat 31-Dec-16 14:16:14

Well my 2016 has been a pile of shit, mostly due to encountering narcissistic, emotionally abusive knobhead men at every turn. I'm now a lone parent to my 5yo DS and I'm determined to raise him to be a caring, respectful and empathetic MAN i.e. the opposite of his excuse of a father How do I raise a good 'un?

fallenempires Sat 31-Dec-16 15:26:16

You have already started to by binning off his DF! Children need to see loving & respectful relationships as this lays the foundations for their own relationships in the future.Keep your own radar finely tuned.Encourage contact with decent male friends and relatives a strong bond with his GF or uncle is beneficial ime.
Then of course there are all the usual things which you do as Mum anyway such as courtesy, respect for others as well as your self etc.
Best of luck to you and wishing you happier times in 2017.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now