Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship anxiety

(7 Posts)
sillysausage16 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:02:01

Not sure quite how to word this. I have recently met a new man who is lovely, it's very new, but every time I begin something new this pain starts in my stomach and I begin to worry about things that haven't even happened. I've had bad relationships in the past and didn't have good role models of what a nice relationship is from my parents.

This stops me eating and sleeping and it gets to a point where I push them away because I can't deal with the stress. My brain takes me to horrible places. Even convincing me I have hiv (3 tests later I defo do not) yet I can't shake off the worry, it always manifests itself in another way.

I have previously been on antidepressants but I'm unsure if they would work for such a specific worry. Any advice would be most welcome

MissWolfAngel Wed 28-Dec-16 19:24:38

Didn't want to read and run, hope you're doing okay OP. Looking into anxiety medication may have to be the way to go. There are others that feel the way that you do. Don't ever feel alone.

TweedleDee3TweedleDum Wed 28-Dec-16 19:28:15

The way your feeling makes perfect sense having had experience of bad relationships. Speak to your GP about what help they can offer you for anxiety. Despite having a specific anxiety, as you say, there is still a lot of help out there to help you. You are not alone. What you have described is common. Get some support to make sure you don't have to keep feeling this way.

From personal experience, it does get better. flowers

sillysausage16 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:08:54

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to make a doc app tomorrow. If I don't overcome this once and for all I'm going to end up alone. I'm 36 now and I want to settle down

MVF1 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:22:40

Have you tried CBT? Very useful for anxiety. Ask your GP about it. You can self refer.

sillysausage16 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:31:17

I haven't I keep wimping out but I think the time has come I'm going to have to try anything

TweedleDee3TweedleDum Wed 28-Dec-16 20:53:58

Good for you, sillysausage. It's a brave thing to do. Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now