Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do....

(8 Posts)
LittleOldMeJust Wed 28-Dec-16 16:53:02

I like many other people married when I was much older blending two families which at times has been tough but we've got through it. H EwW requested that we meet with her which I agreed to do many years ago, better to do that than feel awkward and uncomfortable at family do's etc. Recently she has decided that she doesn't like me, finds me rude and doesn't want me included in family do's etc. Fine her choice and it's impossible to please everyone. Today H has said that she is alright as a person and that I'm the one with the problem and need to get over myself. I'm struggling to understand now what to do and wondering how others would deal with this?

NotTheFordType Wed 28-Dec-16 17:02:57

What has prompted him to say this? Presumably he didn't just blurt it out a propos of nothing when you were eating your cornflakes?

mayemerald Wed 28-Dec-16 17:04:15

I think we do need s bit more context - if you could?

LittleOldMeJust Wed 28-Dec-16 17:25:24

We were discussing Christmas, time, family etc. Not sure how I can put something right for something I haven't done

ravenmum Wed 28-Dec-16 17:47:09

If you are fine with her decision why does dh think you have a problem with it?

Figure17a Wed 28-Dec-16 17:52:32

Is it possible dh has witnesses the behaviour which led to ex finding you rude?

I think it's entirely possible for him to love you and recognise that you could have been more polite to the mother of his dc

LittleOldMeJust Wed 28-Dec-16 18:42:34

In over 6 years j have never been any different towards her always made her feel welcome, recognising that she is the mother of his dc. Family members struggled to understand why she has such an issue and I struggle to understand why H has a problem

ravenmum Wed 28-Dec-16 19:29:04

I still don't get why he says you need to get over yourself when you have no problem with this woman. If you don't get it either (?) maybe someone (ex wife? Random shit stirrer?) has been telling your husband lies about your behaviour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now