Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm worried dc will be poisoned against me

(3 Posts)
totalblindspot Tue 27-Dec-16 18:55:34

I've read all sorts of threads where posters have said that it's in the best interest of the children to leave an abusive relationship. But is it really?

You leave for your own sanity and welfare hoping it's the right thing to do for you all, but the end result is your children are slowly poisoned against you.

I've been reading a lot of case law and forums which tend to suggest that is almost impossible to get contact restricted when DV is involved. The abuser is given free reign in the family courts to continue the abuse in front of the judge.

I can't prove anything in my situation, as I was never hit. I'm worried about the effect on my girls, spending long periods of time with a man who has been to abusive, someone who lacks empathy, someone who is a master manipulator. If this is the case then why the hell did I start this process?

cherrycrumblecustard Tue 27-Dec-16 18:56:27

I worry about this too - sorry for your situation flowers

totalblindspot Tue 27-Dec-16 19:15:06

I know that I making the right decision. It's just that when your 2yr old is being aggressive not sure if that's normal and your eldest is a daddy and girl who barely leaves his side. It just feels like another kick in then teeth.

I've been suicidal, so there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now