Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My dd has forgotten to give me my xmas present...

(3 Posts)
Scrabblewitch Mon 26-Dec-16 22:06:20

Lighthearted please,

My dd is almost 19 and I am separated from her father. She spent xmas day at his house with her other siblings but came home in the evening. She woke late on Xmas morning so hurriedly opened her own presents and shot off with dad when he arrived to collect her. We have a great relationship, no arguments etc. Now we have a long-standing joke about what it is I really like to receive for xmas (something very small and cheap but much needed) and she likes to be the one to get it for me. So on Xmas eve I was helping her sort her room ready for Christmas and I opened a drawer to put something away and saw my present (unwrapped). I know it's definately for me, no one else in our house would ever want this thing. So anyway, I was just now sitting chatting to dd in her room whilst she's skyping relatives abroad and I remembered the present, she's still forgotten to give it to me. I haven't said a word. I'm wondering how many days will go by until she opens the drawer & remembers? I just have to sit it out and wait don't I? fgrin

springydaffs Mon 26-Dec-16 22:34:00

<presses nose against window at relatively untroubled relationship with dd with normal flaws>

fwink

jo10000 Mon 26-Dec-16 22:50:29

'we have great relationship, no arguments' - this sounds like an all year present so don't worry about her forgetting. At least you know she has got you something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now