Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He says he wants to see me and then doesn't bother to arrange anything, why?

(12 Posts)
Blosom8 Mon 26-Dec-16 19:34:12

Can you please help me make sense of this man? I've been out on 6 dates with a man (I'm 42 and he's 47). He keeps messaging me saying he wants to see me and then makes no arrangements. Why does he do this?
I know he has a busy job (in a responsible position which makes me wonder why he doesn't know better) and has had a difficult time lately but why then even bother to say he wants to see me?
Why doesn't he just leave me alone and not contact me?
When I ask him if he really wants to see me he says he does so much.
Any help to make sense of this is much appreciated.

neonrainbow Mon 26-Dec-16 19:35:41

Bin him. He's not worth trying to figure out. If he wanted to see you he'd make it happen

Maverickismywingman Mon 26-Dec-16 19:40:14

So this would be the point where I say "Friday or Saturday 7pm". And if he can't do those or suggest an alternative - don't bother. He has no time for a relationship

Shylo Mon 26-Dec-16 19:42:30

Because he's a dick. Some people just are and you shouldn't waste yor energy trying to figure out why, it's just exhausting.

Block and move on to someone who does want to spend time with you smile

Joysmum Mon 26-Dec-16 19:42:36

Send back one word, 'when?'

Blosom8 Mon 26-Dec-16 19:42:38

I've asked him what time he can do when he asks if I'm free and then he doesn't respond or messages back that he's somewhere else still then nothing...................

Maverickismywingman Mon 26-Dec-16 19:44:39

Then reply and say " you clearly have no time for a relationship <insert whatever sentiment you want in here> but I think this is goodbye"

JennyHolzersGhost Mon 26-Dec-16 19:45:09

Then I'd stop replying to him. He's using you as backup / an ego boost. Fuck that shit. Move on. Not worth investing time and energy over.

MsVestibule Mon 26-Dec-16 20:06:52

He's really not worth your time. Just don't bother responding to his messages unless he specifically says 'can we meet up on...?' but TBH, I think he's shown you his true colours already.

Every successful relationship I've ever had, the man has never messed me around like this, and the ones who have, it's NEVER gone anywhere. (Sorry, appalling grammar, but you get the gist!)

Joinourclub Mon 26-Dec-16 20:10:55

Because he's just not that in to you.

Heirhelp Mon 26-Dec-16 20:16:37

Jenny has the answer. This is not going any where you want it to.

Blosom8 Mon 26-Dec-16 21:10:07

Thank you. I've just messaged him to say I realise he's not interested. Onwards and upwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now