Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need to vent....struggling to get through xmas with OH

(7 Posts)
Nowhere2turn Mon 26-Dec-16 18:12:24

This is mainly to vent as I have no body to talk to!
My OH is constantly getting at me over my DS...nothing he says or does is right....and nothing I say or do regarding this is right either!
He nearly left last week and looking back I wish he had gone....I begged him to stay cos I didn't want upset over Xmas for everyone!
I'm absolutely at breaking point and feel like I'm holding on by a thread! I just want all of this to be over. Completely had enough!
I have in my head that when he goes back to working away in the new year, I am going to speak to him about separating. I darent do it just yet as I can't deal with all the arguing especially in front of my DS!

Shayelle Mon 26-Dec-16 18:14:35

LTB then. You dont like him. Why be with him!

OohhThatsMe Mon 26-Dec-16 18:48:24

I wouldn't live with someone who treated my son like that. Your loyalty is to your son.

OohhThatsMe Mon 26-Dec-16 18:48:37

Your loyalty should be to your son, I mean.

Heirhelp Mon 26-Dec-16 18:52:09

How long until he goes back to work?

Giselaw Mon 26-Dec-16 18:54:23

Pick a fight. When he threatens to pack his bags, get his prepacked bags out of the hall closet and helpfully hand them to him.

KickAssAngel Mon 26-Dec-16 18:57:50

You don't need to pick a fight - that's incredibly childish.

sit down, sensibly and calmly, tell him that since he said he'd leave you've thought about this, and decided that he was right, the relationship is over, and he should move out and move on.

Then give him 24 hours to go.

(I'm assuming that you rent/own the house in your own name. )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now