Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you had a crap Xmas please take heart

(3 Posts)
Gorgeoussunset Sun 25-Dec-16 21:50:40

Things are NOT perfect in my life at the moment but they are much better than they were. I know some of you have probably had not so great ones. In the past alcohol and DV from abusive men plus the odd year of chronic financial problems made me completely dread this time of year. This year is about the first year everything has been ok. DS and DD both well adjusted and caring young adults. I have a job and it is ok. We were together today. DS cooked and DD washed up. A walk some TV. No worries no tears no raised voices nor fists. It is just bliss. Bliss. I say this not in boastfulness but encouragement.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 25-Dec-16 21:58:26

Glad you had a lovely one Gorgeous

DS11 has made me a stonking cup of tea and we are chilled in front of the telly with shortbread.

Divorce costs are killing me, stbxh is a dick but today is about us having a blissfully indulgent day together.

Cheers! winebrew

ThomasRichard Sun 25-Dec-16 21:59:31

Thankyou. Today went really well but I still found it very difficult and was blinking back tears at several moments. I'm not sure why Christmas is so hard but it just seems to bring together a lot of painful feelings of past humiliation, rejection, lack of worth and fear all in one day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now