Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So f****d off with DP

(23 Posts)
User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:03:54

Just a rant! No kids just us. So bloody f'd off with DP. Got drunk... thrown up in the bathroom - the sink! Not even the bloody loo! Blocked said sink and some hit the floor.... got water for him etc, even though it's completely his own bloody doing... then he locked himself in the bathroom for about 15 minutes "cleaning" then came back to the living room. Asked him to brush his teeth (obviosuly) swore at me and told me not to tell him what to do. Then went and brushed his teeth anyway. Went to bed while I'm still watching TV, then proceded to blast Mariah Carey and come in dancing in his underwear. I told him to go away as I'm pretty pissed off he started swearing at me. Then got annoyed I didn't want to dance with him and went back to bed. Poked my head into the bathroom and it's not even clean!! Vomit on the floor, the sink is entirely blocked with Vomit in it (also to add insult to injury I just cleaned the bathroom today!!) Woke him up and told him. He got up looked at it said oh yeah.... then came back to bed and got annoyed when I don't want to cuddle and had a go at him that I don't expeat to be sworn at for asking you to brush your teeth.

So now I've had a crap Christmas eve... the sink is totally blocked with Christmas day tomorrow so nowhere is even open to try and get some unique blocky stuff. I'm just so bloody annoyed!!!!

He always insists on drinkinf

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:05:06

Sorry on my phone and posted too soon!

He always insists on drinking even though he is completely rubbish at it and ends up being sick!

Oh and now he's snoring ridiculously loudly...

DoosyFartlek Sun 25-Dec-16 00:07:45

How often does he drink to this level?

I wouldn't tolerate it.

Can you leave for the night rather then put up with it.

DoosyFartlek Sun 25-Dec-16 00:08:39

Have you discussed this with him when sober?

LFWarrior Sun 25-Dec-16 00:09:03

Have a cocktail and go to sleep in another room. What a pity you didn't think to capture that delightful performance on video and post it onto social media. It sounds hilarious but I appreciate that this might have been a bit shite being Christmas Eve and all. If there isn't another room I'd make him sleep in the bath! xx

PickAChew Sun 25-Dec-16 00:12:36

Do you have somewhere else comfy to sleep?

My ex used to do this. Puke all over the bathroom floor and loo, meaning I had to clean it up before I could even have a piss before going to bed. On a weeknight.

Then there was the time he shat himself after a bottle of wine, while sharing a holiday flat with my parents - and he just left his shitty clothes in a heap on the bathroom floor. My poor dad ended up bundling them into a bin bag. I was already planning my exit, by then, thankfully.

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:16:55

No, I'm not from the other end of the country.

Not often maybe once a year- usually after a boys night out and minus the swearing/ rude-ness. He's just rubbish at drinking!!! He'd usually just have a couple of beers if we were going to have drinks in and then fall asleep.

LFWarrior- I know! That would have been a nice memento when we go to see his family next week. Instead I'll have to do with an elaborate re-telling!

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:23:14

Pickachew- God that sounds awful. He's never that bad thank God!

This is the first time he's thrown up in the sink and also the first time he hasn't cleaned. He maybe gets really drunk once or twice a year and hasn't ever sworn or been rude before! I just think I don't care if your drunk don't be rude and disrespectful!

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:25:10

Terrible autocorrect on phone! That's meant to say "No, I'm from the other end of the country so most of my good friends and family are there"

poppy54321 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:27:59

Just spent half hour looking for one childs selection box. Turned out my husband ate it after drinking a few days ago and didn't bother to tell me. Gutted. He buys no gifts at all at Christmas.

poppy54321 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:30:39

Drunk husbands can be crap. Literally, going by this thread.

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:32:07

Oh no! Sorry to hear that poppy! I woke him up to clean the bathroom correctly ><

Longdistance Sun 25-Dec-16 00:37:46

I hope you didn't clean the bathroom after him.

When he wakes up in the morning, greet him with rubber gloves and cleaning shit and say 'Merry Fucking Christmas ', and walk off...

poppy54321 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:40:01

I hope he did clean it well! Good luck. They pick their moments don't they. It's hard when we have spent ages preparing for something to be lovely.

QueSera Sun 25-Dec-16 00:41:08

It's not great obviously! But have you ever got that drunk? I have, many times, and so has DH. When that drunk, youre generally not overly clean or polite. Very unpleasant for a sober DP. But for us we normally just forget about it the next day - as we know theres no malice in it, and we both do it so we both understand it! Try not to take anything done or said by DP when drunk seriously (within limits OBVS)

User14538262 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:41:12

Definitely not! He's now cleaned the floor and (TMI - taken as many chunks out of the plughole as he can reach)

Why Christmas eve out of any day in the year! I feel slightly better after the rant so thanks for letting me vent.

I hope all your Christmas mornings are less disgusting than mine!

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sun 25-Dec-16 00:44:35

Do not clean it up for him. Do not buy cleaning products for him. Do not offer cleaning advice. Do not even mention it. Just leave it for him to fix.

Blast Mariah Carey nice and early in the morning. Maybe demand that he dance with you. Icy glares galore.

Make sure you have good contraception. This one doesn't sound like a keeper.

Kazplus2 Sun 25-Dec-16 03:09:42

I'm still laughing at the dancing in his underwear!!!

Beautiful38 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:22:51

What does dp stand for?

esiotrot2015 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:28:54

How's his head today ?

maras2 Sun 25-Dec-16 18:48:11

Dunno what's worse,the vomit or Mariah Carey. fshock I wouldn't tolerate either.
Hope your day gets better.

InfoFreako Mon 26-Dec-16 01:34:13

Why do people put up with partners like this?!! If it's a one-off then ok it's Christmas and he's letting his hair down.

If it's a regular (annoying) occurrence then maybe there's something that needs straightening out.

Folk drink excessively to block out what's going on in their lives (sad).

Am I the odd one out, or do some people settle for mediocrity in a relationship?! (oh but I love him)

Cheers.

LFWarrior Mon 26-Dec-16 21:42:55

Hope yesterday went well after the vomit dance and that you got something really nice to make up for such an awful Christmas Eve. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now