Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does it ever work when you ask partner to leave?

(5 Posts)
peesandlove Thu 22-Dec-16 18:02:58

So, I mean, if you didn't want to be with someone anymore but didn't want to leave the home and kids. Do they ever leave? No DV or anything.

HandyWoman Thu 22-Dec-16 18:54:26

Yep, mine did. Was surprisingly straightforward and I shoulda done it years prior...... miserable git.

Was the start of a much better phase in my life.

Scarydinosaurs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:00:12

Yes. I had to lie to make him go and say that I really wanted to make a go of it, and having space was the only way to do it. Once he had moved out and I had my keys back, I then firmly ended it. I couldn't get him out any other way.

MercuryInRetrograde Thu 22-Dec-16 19:04:42

You were lucky he fell for that scary! I had to escape, never mind asking him to leave .

Scarydinosaurs Thu 22-Dec-16 20:20:01

It was my house and there was no way I was going to leave him in there. We had no children and there was no violence. Everyone's situation is different. I was 'lucky', but it didn't stop it being one of the saddest and unhappiest times of my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now