Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Il and in a muddle, am I expecting too much?

(9 Posts)
Elephantorhat Thu 22-Dec-16 13:09:49

I am quite prepared to be told that I am but I can't work it out, it's all too much for my befuddled cold ridden brain....
I came down with this horrible cough/cold thing yesterday, went to bed early feeling very rough, with a temperature and had a restless night with lots of coughing fits.
Nothing unusual there, just one of those things - I messaged my DP last night saying how rough I feel etc. Eventually up and awake around mid morning today and saw DP had been online on Facebook, posted lots etc but he hadn't messaged me asking how I was or anything. This really upset me, he was unwell last week and I did all I could to look after him. He then didn't even think to ask me how I am or express concern when he knows I'm ill.
I can't work out if I'm being extra sensitive because I'm ill or not. We have since communicated today but I'm feeling let down still.

fallenempires Thu 22-Dec-16 13:38:47

No you're not over sensitive.I would feel hurt too especially as you're there for him when he's been ill.
How is he generally?

TheNaze73 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:42:19

He's been in contact, what's the problem?

If I had someone messaging me when I was ill & disturbing me, I wouldn't like it.

Horses for courses this one. If he knows your sensitive & your phone is on silent, a quick text wouldn't have hurt

user1477282676 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:43:26

I also think you sound a tad over sensitive.

Elephantorhat Thu 22-Dec-16 14:27:09

He knows any messages he sends won't disturb me, phone is always off until I'm up anyway. It's more about feeling like he doesn't think to ask me how I am unless prompted. Then when I said I was sad about this he responded with asking me why was I with him and that I can't demand attention!
It all feels like hard work especially when I'm ill.

fallenempires Thu 22-Dec-16 14:41:04

Well that doesn't sound good does it?
How long have you been together?

BastardGoDarkly Thu 22-Dec-16 14:45:08

Meh, I'd probably be a bit hmm but if it was a stand alone thing, I wouldn't give it much thought.

I'm guessing he's a bit selfish in other ways?

Elephantorhat Thu 22-Dec-16 15:07:42

He is very selfish but he doesn't think he is and if I point it out he gets very critical of me and escalates it all into a much more serious argument, leaving me doubting myself :-(

fallenempires Thu 22-Dec-16 15:15:31

Doesn't sound great at all,why are you putting up with all this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now