Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

WWYD. Pregnant woman being cheated on by DP

(5 Posts)
notrocketscience Tue 20-Dec-16 22:55:28

This couple have only recently got together, she has been married twice (no dc) and he has been married once but has dc by other ladies and is a serial cheater.
We are all in a hobby group and not particularly close but it is about team work and we compete fairly successfully. This couple breaking up would destroy our group. When they first got together I did tell her to be careful and not get her heartbroken. She listened and said I wasn't the first to say this but I've since learnt she was really cross with me and she clearly dislikes me now.
She has just announced she is pregnant (it will be his 4th) and I was told by another group member that the DP is still having sex with his XW and also hitting on another girl within our group. (This girl also told me this)

Does it serve anything to tell the pregnant woman, other than destroy a group and upset 30 odd people? To upset her when she is so happy and just before Christmas and knowing she won't want to listen to me anyway. The truth will come out in the end as it always does. WWYD?

Msqueen33 Tue 20-Dec-16 23:01:17

Honestly I'd be tempted to leave it. You did try and warn her and it doesn't sound like she took the warning kindly so telling her he's cheating probably wouldn't go down well either. She probably won't want to hear it.

Cricrichan Tue 20-Dec-16 23:07:26

I agree. She'll find out eventually as he's unlikely to stay with her.

notrocketscience Tue 20-Dec-16 23:10:56

Thank you. I'll leave it. You're right, I don't think she will want to hear it.

ageingrunner Tue 20-Dec-16 23:12:44

You tried didn't you? You've done your bit so you can leave it now with good conscience and don't risk getting shot for being the messenger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now