Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do I do ..

(13 Posts)
mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 20:36:33

If he doesn't bring DD back on Xmas eve? He seems to think I agreed with Xmas Morning but I didn't now he's kicked off but due to collect her tomorrow morning. WWYD?

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 21:27:08

Anyone??

RandomMess Tue 20-Dec-16 21:29:16

Is it court ordered contact?

Heratnumber7 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:30:01

Well, you're both her parents, and I guess he's as entitled to have DD Christmas Eve as you are.
Is there any doubt that he'd bring her back Christmas morning?

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 21:39:49

He had her all last Xmas surely fairs fair that's it's my Xmas this year?

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 21:40:22

No court order contact

QuiteLikely5 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:43:23

Don't let her go. I wouldn't unless you are both in agreement over the arrangements.

Or

tell him if he breaks the agreement once she is returned there will be no contact and he will have to seek legal advice to sort out firm contact arrangements

KnittedBlanketHoles Tue 20-Dec-16 21:47:23

I'd go with option two from Quite. Let child go but make it clear that any messing about with contact will mean all trust in arrangements between yourselves will have broken down to the extent that there'll be no more friendly contact, and you'll wait to hear from his solicitor.

RandomMess Tue 20-Dec-16 21:52:14

How old is your DD?

I would be tempted to cancel and let him collect Boxing Day or Christmas Day night or something seeing as though he got Christmas last year...

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 22:09:49

She's 10 even she recognises it's only fair she stay with me this year!

RandomMess Tue 20-Dec-16 22:15:46

I would ask your DD if she's happy to postpone seeing her Dad until after Christmas and cancel contact then.

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 23:18:31

She wants to see her dad that's the problem, if he doesn't bring her back and he messes my Xmas day up (we are going out for dinner) do you then think I'm within my rights to stop contact??

mylifeisamystery Tue 20-Dec-16 23:18:54

Well not my rights but you know what I mean ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now