Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do I stand with separation?

(1 Post)
TheReferoo Tue 20-Dec-16 19:49:21

I posted a few weeks ago about my husband who had pretty much ignored me for 2 months. Well it's still ongoing and as hard as it is for me to admit it, I am done.

I needed to feel like I've tried. Well I've tried everything to get him to talk to me or spend time with me. Every attempt to talk properly is rebuffed, every suggestion to spend time together rejected. He only speaks to me if I talk to him and hasn't given me the tiny fucking crumb of hope that he has any interest in sorting out our marriage.

Today was the last straw. He refused to come to see santa with the kids at the last min as 'he told me it's not his thing'. So I trudged 3 kids there on my own, met a friend and tbh had a lovely day with no stress, no feeling sick that I might have got the sat nav wrong, no listening to h moaning how shit it is and a waste of money. It just made me realise what my day to day life had become (even before this epic sulk).

So I'm done. I can't be in a relationship like this anymore. Not that it is one anyway. I wish so much it wasn't the case but I'd have to be an idiot to keep this going any longer.

So I want to separate after xmas. But I am not sure where I stand legally. I want him to move out but if it comes to it can I just take the kids? I am their primary career.

We jointly own our home outright and have a couple of rental properties in his name. Can I force him to move in to one of them? Financially and logistically it would make sense but given he won't talk to me I don't know how reasonable he'll be.

Merry fucking Christmas. fsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now