Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

In Sickness and in Health

(2 Posts)
Solasum Tue 20-Dec-16 08:52:51

I will start off by saying that I am a bit annoyed anyway as have basically been dumped with the inlaws (overseas) with our DS while DP is ill elsewhere. We can communicate, but only enough for basics really.

I am finding DP's constant illnesses
really off putting. He eats a poor diet and does no exercise as he is always working, plus we have constant source of germs courtesy of the nursery which doesn't help.

We have all had a stomach bug in the not too distant past, and now have colds. Except DP apparently has flu and had such bad stomach pain he had to go to A&E 3 times. This obviously means he is unable to do anything useful, expects huge amounts of attention etc.

I caught him with a nail by accident the other day, and he reacted the same way I would if I smashed my hand with a hammer. There wasn't even a mark on his hand.

I don't think I am unsympathetic when people are genuinely ill. It just feels a bit like the boy who cried wolf. I have to push through it when I am equally ill, and don't understand why he doesn't too.

Any advice?

YetAnotherGuy Tue 20-Dec-16 21:41:57

Hypochondria is typically the sign of an attention seeker

Here it sounds like someone who wants to escape responsibility

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now