Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure how I feel about this

(7 Posts)
Workitbabe Mon 19-Dec-16 20:57:36

DP moved in 2 years ago with his ds1 who is now 21.
DP is now looking at a new job which potentially means he will be away Monday to Friday, and I am not sure how I feel about his ds1 being here and being my responsibility. I know you are thinking " he is an adult" but I would still feel responsible.

What do others think?

Cricrichan Mon 19-Dec-16 21:00:04

I get what you mean. Can't he moved in with his mum? Did he consult with you?

wishparry Mon 19-Dec-16 21:00:32

Does the son not have a job?could you encourage him to get a job to get him out of the house a bit so you don't feel so uncomfortable?

Simonneilsbeard Mon 19-Dec-16 21:02:19

I wouldn't consider a person who is 21 your responsibility. He's a grown man who's responsible for himself. I don't see the problem.

healthyheart Mon 19-Dec-16 21:04:12

Tricky. We need more details though. Is he working, at uni? Is his mum around? Short term, longer term plans? I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Bluntness100 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:06:24

I really don't see how you can ask him to leave when you allowed him to move in two years ago, he will perceive that as his home, as will your partner, who even if away during the week will see it as his home. However it seems from your text,you view it as your home and they live with you.🙄

Sorry, I think it's mean to say well if uoure not here your son can sod off as I don't want the responsibility.

Workitbabe Mon 19-Dec-16 21:10:37

Hi thanks for the replies. DP has spoken to me about the job and we have said it needs to work for us but at the same time I don't want to hold him back.

DSS1 works locally so it would just be the evenings.

I am sure it will be ok; I just find him hard work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now