Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Someone asked for my phone number last night.....

(5 Posts)
FuckedOffFemale Sun 18-Dec-16 18:14:35

But he hasn't been in contact. Is this normal?

I have no experience in this, I met exdp at 18, we were together for 8 years. We split up earlier this year and I have met one man men since then but that was through Work. I have never given someone my number so this is new territory for me. We chatted for about 30 minutes last night in a bar, seemed to get on well. He asked for my number then rang me so I had his then I left with my friends. He hasn't been in touch. Should I just write it off? Or should I text him?

Oh and I know I probably sound really desperate, which I'm not, it's just that I genuinely have no idea what to do now his number is in my phone!

ALaughAMinute Sun 18-Dec-16 18:19:59

Yes, it is normal. You probably won't hear from him for a few days. Be patient.

FuckedOffFemale Sun 18-Dec-16 18:23:24

Thanks laugh, I'm rubbish at this whole thing.

RiceCrispieTreats Sun 18-Dec-16 18:26:18

Yes it's normal. It would also have been "normal" for him to text you that very night telling you how pleased he was to meet you and offering to meet again. Anything is normal, and it all depends on how eager the two people are to meet again.

The main question, though, is not "is this normal", but "Do I, FOF, want to see this person again?"

You're in control of your own choices. He may or may not be genuinely interested in you -- only time will tell -- but that's his lookout. Your job is to know your own mind, not his.

So: do you even like this guy and want to see him again?

FuckedOffFemale Sun 18-Dec-16 18:40:19

That's what I thought as well rice, I did think about texting him last night to say it was nice to me him. I'm not sure why I didn't really.

He seemed really nice and it would be good to see him again but I can't say much more then that as we didn't speak for too long as we were moving on to the next bar.

As I say, I have very little experience in this kind of thing. I'm not going to rush into anything though and know my own worth, it's just that I wasn't sure what the 'etiquette' is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now