Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Post separation - top tips rebuilding life

(6 Posts)
Harvestmoonsobig Sat 17-Dec-16 22:23:32

Left DP and family home in October. Amicable separation. DDs both teenagers spend weekend back at the 'family home'. I have pretty much come to terms with the feelings that the marriage is over. When I feel 'discombobulated' with such an enormous life change, reassure myself that I felt like this when in the relationship.

I'm pretty switched on about starting anew but I am really interested to hear top tips for rebuilding life.

Doing the common sense stuff - seeing friends, having a weekly class, work full-time.

What was the unexpected experiences, that came about from your own efforts, that gave you a boost and made such a huge life change a sound decision. Thanks lovely MNers.

Harvestmoonsobig Sat 17-Dec-16 22:32:39

I just think this is a brilliant opportunity for new opportunities rather than repeating the dysfunctional stuff that resulted in the demise of my relationship.

I never said what I wanted for fear of rejection. So now to challenge that fear.

Harvestmoonsobig Sun 18-Dec-16 07:28:31

Bumping up. Morning people

RedMapleLeaf Sun 18-Dec-16 07:32:57

I was advised to say yes to every invitation which was great advice and led to all sorts of unexpected outcomes.

Another thing that helped me was starting each day listening to a motiving song.

May50 Sun 18-Dec-16 09:24:45

Hi Harvest. I'm in the same boat as you, separated couple of months, amicable re DC. My plan for 2017 (I like to start afresh 1st Jan) is to exercise, get fit lose a stone, cut out sugar - that's first step as I think then I will feel better in myself. I work full time and already do a couple of activities, no time for any more. Positive thinking every morning etc.

Harvestmoonsobig Sun 18-Dec-16 13:22:30

Great advice. Thanks.

Yes to every offer and, thinking out of the box, to include offers I make to myself! Also, motivating song. Music has not been a part of my life. Perhaps go to more live music gigs. Perhaps this could be a way of evolving the relationship with DDs.

May50 - New Year start! Great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now