Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm not sure whether to give up

(5 Posts)
Ninjamum16 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:10:37

I'm wondering how you know whether to work on things or give up? I'm feeling lost.

Msqueen33 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:12:49

I honestly don't know. I'm in the same boat.

Do you have any DC?

donners312 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:23:43

well every situation is different but myself and everyone i know who tried to "make it work" regretted it and wish they had just walked away and not wasted their time.

but it does depend obviously!

Ninjamum16 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:39:00

We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old.
It just feels like there's nothing. We don't fight but we don't have fun and romance. We've had sex twice in 18 months and I did it just because I felt I needed to try. I didn't enjoy it but I don't think that's his fault.. I feel I wouldn't enjoy it with anyone at the moment. Our youngest doesn't sleep so I'm always tired and irritable which doesn't help.
He works hard and he's a very, very good dad but I feel like he's my friend rather than my partner. I feel so sad about it especially with it being this time of year. I want to feel differently but I don't know how.

Msqueen33 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:40:20

I think it also depends on whether you want to. If it's minor things that could be overcome with some work (like he doesn't clean up after himself). Or if there's major issues. Each situation is different. I've tried talking to my dh until I'm blue in the face and nothing changes. But we have three DC. And I don't work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now