Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pain after sex... any ideas

(12 Posts)
1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 19:17:45

Hi all, just after some advice. The last two times I've had sex with my partner straight after it is get intense abdominal pain, upper in my stomach and lower, & am sore inside my vagina. I have to curl up in a ball and fall asleep to get rid of the pain, it lasts up to about 3 days afterwards easing off each day. It's hurts me when I cough or laugh to. I've been with my OH 9 years and sex wise we didn't do anything different. Am worried but it takes week's to get an appointment with the doctor. Any ideas or had anyone else experienced this to? Thanks

Losgunna Sat 17-Dec-16 19:19:59

It might take weeks but you need to see a Dr.

That's not normal or healthy.

1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 19:27:25

I know just worried.. i will rimg up and go i tried Google for answers but get all kinds, it doesn't hurt during sex just straight after.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 17-Dec-16 19:30:44

You need to see a GP asap, this is not normal at all. An alternative course of action would be to visit a GUM clinic (it should also not take weeks to get a doctor's appointment in any event).

gamerchick Sat 17-Dec-16 19:32:31

I would go to the GUM clinic. Its the best place for that area and I would do it asap.

LadyJaneMortificado Sat 17-Dec-16 19:36:11

Pain after sex, like bleeding after sex, is abnormal and should be checked out. Most likely to be some sort of STD or infection but could be early signs of cancer.

Most drs surgeries have a walk in emergency clinic. Go and see a dr as an emergency rather that waiting weeks for an appointment.

Even mild STDs can cause serious long term problems if not treated promptly.

1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 19:38:38

Our nearest GP is about 5 doors down but I have always recovered before I have managed to get in to see them. Am ment to be having my first round of IVF start of Jan (OH got poor swimmers) hoping this does not stop this or delay it. I've never been to a GUM clinic before :/

1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 19:41:36

I can't see it being a STD as we both got tested a few months back when we started the IVF process and we don't have other sexual partners.

1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 19:41:53

We were both clear

LadyJaneMortificado Sat 17-Dec-16 19:44:26

It doesn't matter if you have recovered. An emergency means needing urgent treatment not "have to be crawling along the pavement near death at the point you go."

Bleeding after sex is the same. It is something that needs seeing to urgently. It's serious - because although there maybe minor explanations, it can be a symptom of something more serious.

Pain so severe it takes 3 days to ease off is serious problem. For god sake go and see a dr - whether it is a GUM clinic, your GP, or privately doesn't matter. Just go. And as soon as possible.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:52:02

Also request a smear. One of the signs too request one
Painful during/after sex
Random spotting and bleeding
Change in Discharge

1803h Sat 17-Dec-16 21:57:23

I will do. Thank you, I had my 1st smear test about a month ago. Am nearly 25. That come back clear. Will call on Monday and see we're I can get in 1st.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: