Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dodgy or paranoid?

(13 Posts)
glam12 Fri 16-Dec-16 23:28:59

Dp has work do tomorrow, it starts at mid day all day, until whatever time they choose to go home free bar etc. He's leaving first thing in the morning as it's in another town 40mins away to pick up friend, then he's showering and getting ready at another friends house and staying there for the night. I can't drive to pick him up, and he hasn't insisted on getting a taxi home. Tonight he's layed out his boxers and socks ready for tomorrow, cuts his toenails, then when he got out of the shower asks me if he has any spots on his back which he does occasionally ask but hasn't in a while, does this sound dodgy to anyone or am I really just being stupid and paranoid? I have no reason to suspect anything of him really 

Summerlovinf Fri 16-Dec-16 23:53:38

Sounds like they are going out on the bevy...is that what you mean?

namechange102 Sat 17-Dec-16 02:14:55

Yuck, who is he expecting to see his back?!! Weird....

TDHManchester Sat 17-Dec-16 07:18:19

Are you having a work related social event this year also and if so,what are you doing?

Forgettheworld Sat 17-Dec-16 08:16:17

I think it sounds innocent. If he doesn't go out much he's probably just excited. It makes me laugh sometimes how most women spend hours getting ready for nights out, shaving (maybe even down below) making them selves smell nice, having their hair done, picking a nice outfit but when men do it, it means they are up to something!

scottishdiem Sat 17-Dec-16 09:13:59

Maybe he asked about the back because he hasn't asked in a while? If he is staying with a friend then a number of things that might slide at home such as the nails are also getting done just in case his friend might see them.

Helloooooitsme Sat 17-Dec-16 09:15:30

Hmm I would think the toenails and spotty back for a works Christmas do wouldn't normally be necessary. It's hard to say.

Depends how much effort he normally makes I suppose.

jeaux90 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:18:29

Yep I'm with forgettheworld on this.

Badcat666 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:26:30

Oh dear gawd.

If he is showering and changing at a friends house maybe he didn't want to be round his mates wearing crappy underwear, a spotty back and cave man toenails! Men are allowed to smarten themselves when they go out.

I shave the top of my mans back when he goes out with the boys (which is rare) and check for spots on his back to squeeze, not because he plans to pull anyone but because it makes him feel more comfortable and he worries about it.

He also asks if he looks ok (which he always does, bless his large mixed fibre socks)

When I go out he never questions why I've laid out half my wardrobe on the bed, tried on several different shoes or spent ages doing my hair and make up.

Bagina Sat 17-Dec-16 09:36:48

My dh does this too. I think they get a bit insecure and want to look their best. Males aren't that nice to each other.

RebelRogue Sat 17-Dec-16 09:37:39

So if i shave different bits when i go out,that means i'm up to something?

Summerlovinf Sat 17-Dec-16 09:44:28

It all sounds totally innocent to me too....however...if your DH is behaving out of character or has suddenly started taking much more care of his appearance or you have other reasons to suspect (jealously guarding phone, keeping strange hours. Working late, more or less sex etc) ...

TempusEedjit Sat 17-Dec-16 10:04:38

Depends on whether he has form for anything dodgy in the past. If not then he probably just wants to feel confident and at his best. But if so, then yes I'd be worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now