Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I don't know what to do.

(11 Posts)
Move12345 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:00:15

I'm married to my first love and we have 2 young kids.

I do love him and always will. But something has gone over the past few months. I don't know why or what it is but our marriage is nothing like it used to be.

He's a very handsome man, but I find myself getting very irritated if he touches me and I never feel like having a sexual relationship with him which he finds incredibly important.

I feel very cruel writing this about him as he is a lovely, kind man. I just don't know what to do.

Simonneilsbeard Tue 29-Nov-16 15:02:38

Can I ask how old the children are? Do you work outside the home?
How's the relationship in general?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 29-Nov-16 15:05:26

How and when did all this start, what triggered your reactions towards him now?.

thestamp Tue 29-Nov-16 15:06:03

How long have you been together OP?

Move12345 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:09:19

1 and 3. I used to stay at home with the children, but now work part time and he works a full time day job.

I don't even know how to answer that. We don't really talk often it's only recently we have but that's only over the phone when I'm walking to and from work. We do bicker alot and get very annoyed other each other over silly things. We do get along and although he's my husband he's a good friend too.

Vagabond Tue 29-Nov-16 15:09:48

Poor you. You might just be exhausted with young children. Do you still find him attractive? Maybe you're just tired of giving your body to your children (breastfeeding etc) and find his attentions a bit tiresome on top of all the other demands.

Move12345 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:11:00

You'll have to excuse me for the several replies as I'm on mobile.

I honestly couldn't say what triggered it, it just happened and can't really remember when I'd say 4/5 months ago maybe.

We've been together 6 years.

Move12345 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:12:16

I think he's Handsome, but I don't really know about attractive anymore.

desperatehousewife999 Tue 29-Nov-16 17:02:48

Hormonal contraception? Don't rule it out as it can cause these exact feelings. If everything else in the relationship is fine then I'd look into a medical reason

fedupasfudge Tue 29-Nov-16 19:14:34

I think that you need to consider very carefully why you might feel this way.

I had a relationship many years ago where the man was perfect on paper, lovely and attractive but all of a sudden I went off him.

I stayed for a while because I felt protective towards him, after we split up I realised that it wasn't him it was because I was restless in general and wanted a change.

However also remember that relationships are not all fireworks and something's you go through periods of trouble and you need to consciously make plans to fix it together. I suspect you know which of these scenarios is more likely.

fedupasfudge Tue 29-Nov-16 19:15:58

Sometimes even

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now