Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Confused

(8 Posts)
Nicoles26 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:38:31

I just wanted some advice really... I'm 26 years old and I am dating a man who is 44. I am completely in love with him but I'm not sure where it's heading and I'm not sure how to ask him. He's been married and had children, I've not done either and I'm not 100% sure if I want to. I think he is serious about me because he's introduced me to his family and he tells me he loves me, but I want to know what the next step is for us without sounding completely crazy as we've only been dating 5 months.

StefCWS Mon 28-Nov-16 15:43:12

just ask him, no crime there? if you cant talk to him about something like that then he aint the guy for you hun :-)

TwitterQueen1 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:43:35

Your next step is to wait another 5 months at least. You're just a babe at 26 wink. Don't commit yourself to being a wife / stepmum just yet.

Nicoles26 Mon 28-Nov-16 16:47:53

I don't want to scare him off that's why I'm holding back saying anything. I do want to know for sure if he's serious about me, but can someone be serious about another person after coming out of a long Marriage? I feel really naive at the moment

MrsBertBibby Mon 28-Nov-16 17:05:58

Scare him off? Bless you, unless he's an exceptionally arrogant prick, he can't believe his luck. Tell him what's on your mind, and if he runs, you're well rid.

Ellisandra Mon 28-Nov-16 17:11:33

Maybe try dating someone who has been out of their long marriage long enough that it isn't a concern for you?

Failing that, how can you expect him to know what he wants next, when you don't know yourself?

Gut feel, get rid of the man old enough to be your dad.

Nicoles26 Mon 28-Nov-16 17:48:20

I just want to know whether or not I'm wasting my time as I was in a long relationship before him and that didn't go anywhere. When I say I'm not sure what I want, I'm not sure about children but I definitely would like a home with someone. That would be the next step for me and him but I just don't know how to approach it?

Nicoles26 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:53:57

I'm not sure what to say eventually I would like us to move in together but I don't want to sound too keen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now