Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to survive total rejection after years.

(7 Posts)
Fedupofhim Sat 26-Nov-16 18:54:22

I am lost. He cheated online and followed it through to RL. How do I survive this???

SandyY2K Sat 26-Nov-16 19:20:48

Sorry you're dealing with this. Read the site below. Many others are in your situation and you'll get excellent support.

www.survivinginfidelity.com

Raineau Sat 26-Nov-16 20:50:44

It's up to you what you feel you can live with and what you want to live with. You can't change what he has done but he has broken the trust can you live with not trusting him?
Can you live with every time his on his phone or internet he might be doing it again?
I think if he spoke to her online he had plenty of time to think about what he was doing and he choose to risk his relationship to sleep with someone and cheat on you.
Do you think you deserve this, you will find someone that doesn't do this to you.

Fedupofhim Sat 26-Nov-16 21:19:00

I don't mean how do we survive. How do I get through this pain though. I tried talking to a therapist but they said very little and that it has to come from myself, they just sit there and listen to all the anguish pour out of me and I take my cash to boot. But I don't see how I can get through this and feel like I don't want to be me anymore. I feel like all my dreams are shattered and so am I. I feel worthless, unlovable and ugly.

Fedupofhim Sat 26-Nov-16 21:20:44

I will look that up, thank you Sandy.

ijustdontknowanymore Sat 26-Nov-16 21:28:03

You are not worthless, unlovable or ugly. I am so sorry you're going through this, you don't deserve it. I don't have any advice, but the way you feel right now will pass, this is just a bad time in your life and in time it will start to feel better. You deserve more and better than him. Do you have other RL support?

Fedupofhim Sat 26-Nov-16 21:43:19

Everyone has there shit to deal with in RL. Honestly, everywhere I turn at the momment, there's a life changing drama going on. My rl people don't get the inner turmoil this has caused me and in comparison to their own troubles, because he still wants to be with me, what's my problemangry. I have one brilliant friend though, outwith my DF, but she has her own young family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now