Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My husband has hit our son... If I take him to hospital, will they take him away?

(211 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

GraceLeLe Sat 26-Nov-16 11:36:41

I want him checked. However, will he be taken away? I'm staying at a friend's house, to keep away from him.

NoahVale Sat 26-Nov-16 11:37:40

no if you are a responsible adult. and to be responsible you need to get him checked out, if he needs it.

TeenyW123 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:37:50

Probably not if you get rid of the abuser.

GrabtharsHammer Sat 26-Nov-16 11:38:14

He won't be taken away. But you will (rightly) be referred to social services. They will support you.

What happened?

LIZS Sat 26-Nov-16 11:38:55

As long as you can reassure them that he can't access your Ds again and you can safeguard him it should be ok. Have you reported to police? Your priority must be your son's health and wellbeing.

Addedupwrong Sat 26-Nov-16 11:38:56

No if you keep him away from the abuser. How old is he and what happened? Are you ok?

Trifleorbust Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:13

There isn't enough information here to say what will happen. When you say he has hit him, is it the first time? Is he injured? Is your husband still in the family home?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:32

sad your poor boy. Put him first and take him for medical attention!

Robotsindeskies Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:33

If you show you are protecting him by taking him to hospital and informing the police then no.

IWokeUpLikeThisHonest Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:36

If you are being protective and removing him from your husband, this would be extremely unlikely. But you need to take him to be checked and be honest, if you are not it will look like you are covering for him.

What happened OP? Hope you are all ok? flowers

GraceLeLe Sat 26-Nov-16 11:42:39

I can't get him out of the house. He has shouted before, but never hit. I'm at my friend's, so he isn't near my son.

My son is 3

OohhThatsMe Sat 26-Nov-16 11:43:53

He'll have to go if the police make him. Put your son first and go to the hospital and ask them to tell the police.

GrabtharsHammer Sat 26-Nov-16 11:43:58

What sort of hit? Is your son injured? Was he hit round the head?

NoahVale Sat 26-Nov-16 11:44:41

stop asking about it and be proactive op

BobbieDog Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:17

Does your son actually need medical treatment?

Robotsindeskies Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:50

Take him to the hospital and they will call the police. The police will remove him from the house.

Heirhelp Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:51

Take son to hospital. Explain what happened and ask them to contact the police for you.

The bottom line is if you fail to protect your son from more abuse from his Dad then he can he taken into care.

GraceLeLe Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:53

He was hit in the head, was a bit drowsy after, but is now okay. I don't want to risk it

AgainPlease Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:55

How serious of an injury are we talking?

Whocansay Sat 26-Nov-16 11:46:17

If your child needs medical attention get off Mumsnet and take him to hospital. Show you are protecting your child and no one will take him from you.

MisterTumnuslegs Sat 26-Nov-16 11:46:28

What happened? Please take him to hospital. Your best chance of getting away from this man is through official channels showing that you have protected your son and got him checked out in hospital after he was attacked by your husband. Anything less isn't good enough, I'm sorry.

NoahVale Sat 26-Nov-16 11:46:32

fgs why are you even considering the repercussions for your dh

toptoe Sat 26-Nov-16 11:46:37

Do this step by step.

You are safe at the moment from him.
Now you need to make sure your son is physically safe from any injury he has. Call 111 and see what they say or take him straight in.

Think about the rest later.

NoelHeadbands Sat 26-Nov-16 11:47:16

A grown man hit a three year old round the head and you're dithering about whether to get him checked?

MisterTumnuslegs Sat 26-Nov-16 11:47:23

A bit drowsy after a head injury? For fucks sake woman get him to hospital! He could quite easily have a fractured skull!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now