Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you do Christmas with ex DP/DH regarding kids?

(7 Posts)
MySordidCakeSecret Thu 24-Nov-16 12:22:22

Trying to work out the best option that will mean everyone is happy.

alwayshappy101 Thu 24-Nov-16 12:29:49

Could you do christmas day this year,and exdh do boxing day,then swap the next year?
you could also alternate new years eve and new years day?
Or one of you do christmas day and boxing day,the other do new years eve and new years day,then swap the next year?

StartedAfresh Thu 24-Nov-16 12:35:52

I have my little girl Christmas morning then she goes to ExH mid afternoon and I collect her boxing day - this way we both get to spend time with her on Christmas day
Normally New Year she is with me

Bluebeck Thu 24-Nov-16 12:48:29

When DC were little XH would have them Xmas Eve until around 11am Xmas Day and then they would come to me for the rest of Xmas Day and Boxing Day, then we would swap the following year.

Worked really well for us, never any problems.

We don't celebrate New Year really so that wouldn't have been any kind of swap for us.

Tiredbutnotyetretired Thu 24-Nov-16 13:24:39

Ive invited my dc dad over to stay ( we are on good terms now) that might change if either of us meets a new partner. As a child i always stayed with mum in the morning and dads house for the evening

littlemissangrypants Thu 24-Nov-16 13:25:41

My ex has let me know he doesn't want the kids until 28th and then only for a few hours. Since we broke up 7ish years ago he has had them for one christmas day as I was working. My ex just doesn't seem to care and contact has dwindled since the kids became teens. Exs girlfriend hates my youngest as he has special needs. The lack of contact upsets the kids but there is nothing I can do about it.
I'm sorry for other people who have to share their kids at christmas as I bet it must be hard. In our situation I'm just sad that my kids are upset and wont get time with their dad.

MySordidCakeSecret Thu 24-Nov-16 13:43:54

it's difficult. It might sound selfish but i don't think i could bear to be without them on christmas day.. maybe if he has them the afternoon on christmas day/boxing day it would work..

He was meant to be staying over, problem solved, as we WERE on good terms. Until he fucked it all up by lying to me again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now