Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you have a (Japanese) divorce ceremony?

(3 Posts)
overthehillandroundthemountain Wed 23-Nov-16 04:22:26

Might be worth it to give the ex a custard pie in the face? 😃😂

www.marieclaire.co.uk/life/sex-and-relationships/japanese-divorce-ceremony-6594

mobile.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/magazine/divorce-ceremonies-are-big-in-japan.html

goddessofsmallthings Wed 23-Nov-16 05:05:54

As a believer in the power of ritual I'd certainly consider it, more especially as a heavy object may accidentally fall into the plate of whipped cream before it reaches its intended target wink

In cases of adultery there should be two intended targets and a lavish supply of squirty cream cans could be made availabe for guests... form a queue here < > eager mumsnetters grin

overthehillandroundthemountain Wed 23-Nov-16 09:51:44

grin Glad you like it!

Love the idea of smashing up the wedding rings with a hammer. What if one hammer were to accidentally whoops find its way to the STBXH's nether regions? Can be perilous to place the band too close to waist height. Indeed, mine put my wedding ring on my wrong finger on our wedding day. Maybe I should place it upon is body on the wrong organ, before finding that hammer?! WHoooops!

Creamapault with two intended targets is a fabulous idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now