Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Think he likes me what to do

(10 Posts)
als30 Mon 21-Nov-16 23:54:17

Ive been single for 9 years and its just been myself and my daughter (her dad not around) just over the past few months i been talking to this guy who i met through a work mate plus we meet on the same bus going to work and happens to work in a building near to me.
Im not sure of his age but does seem nice
Over the past few weeks its been weird he asked if i basically had a partner said no then after that he has been moving to the front of the bus to sit next to me especially if the bus is busy and i dont see him sitting at the back. Have been given a few hugs too plus my work mate mentioned that she thinks he has a thing for me. Tonight he mentioned about xmas pressies then in way asked me out
I didn't know what to say as its been so long so i said i didn't know
Im stuck as in what to do as the whole idea of dating again scares me now its been 9 years plus i have a daughter.
Im 2nd guessing things as to why me and if its genuine not just as they say to get a leg over lol

Do i just go with it and see how it goes or ask for a number or pass mine on and with those thing's hes been doing that does mean something right after all it has been years!! Lol x x

Cricrichan Tue 22-Nov-16 00:26:56

If you like him and should like to get to know him better then agree to go out with him and enjoy yourself.

Cricrichan Tue 22-Nov-16 00:27:11

Would not should

TheNaze73 Tue 22-Nov-16 00:29:22

He sounds like a nice guy. Just go for it smile

I think if it was just a leg over, he'd have tried it on by now.

LellyMcKelly Tue 22-Nov-16 00:48:59

He's making an effort to sit with you and talk to you. He's asked if you have a partner. He's tried to ask you out. Your friend says he has a thing for you. The ball is in your court. Do you like him? If so, ask your friend to give him your number, or ask for his.

als30 Tue 22-Nov-16 08:56:52

At first i was like really me wow but jokingly shrugged it off but after that was when the hugs came as if he is making a excuse to get close and in a way i kinda do like him or at least would like too its the nerves though
And the constant doubts going about in my head

hellsbellsmelons Tue 22-Nov-16 09:34:23

Well you've nothing to lose.
Get back on that horse and enjoy it.
Take it slow and see what happens.

Happybunny19 Tue 22-Nov-16 09:51:26

He sounds really keen and has spent a lot of time talking to you if he's just after a leg over. What do you have to lose? Go for it. After such a long time on your own you deserve a bit of fun.

Yoksha Tue 22-Nov-16 10:19:29

OP, suggest going for a coffee around mid-afternoon. Take it from there. No pressure. You have a short time span to deal with. Enjoy yourself. Don't live to regret it. Life's too short. Believe me.

als30 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:00:33

Think you all are right seems nice enough im sure he must have been asking questions to my work mate as she mentioned she thinks he likes me plus he asked if she had said anything
Might go for it see what happens tonight if i see him on the bus not often i do depending on if they are late etc x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now