Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just ended my marriage and could do with a hand hold

(5 Posts)
KittyLane1 Sun 20-Nov-16 14:32:36

It's been brewing for 2 years and I've finally left. He isn't abusive, or nasty. He is a great day. We just simply don't love each other and I am far too young to live like this.
He cheated 2 years ago, realised it was a mistake and we have been working together to get back on track but I just can't do it.
I just don't know how this will affect DD (6). I need to move out but rent is so high, I just don't know what to do sad

Mavisblewitt Sun 20-Nov-16 15:49:57

Big hug
You'll be ok
Is your house rented or mortgaged? Is your name on the tenancy / deeds?
I would suggest he moves out, not you.
Do you work? You may also be entitled to benefits to help you manage
And he will need to pay child support
Don't panic. Other wiser munsnetters will be able to help xx

KittyLane1 Sun 20-Nov-16 15:54:44

Thank you, house is rented, I am not on the retail agreement. I work full time and earn a pretty good wage but rent down here is stupidly high, think £800 for a tiny flat.
My parents are being supportive which is great but they live in another country so there is only so much they can do.
I really do just feel lost and confused

Dowser Sun 20-Nov-16 16:33:36

Sounds like you've given it your best shot. He cheated. You've lost respect for him.
Sounds fair enough to me.

Just do it. You will be fine . So much better than being stuck in a loveless marriage.
Can you not join your parents

DiegeticMuch Sun 20-Nov-16 21:06:01

You've done your very best, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now