Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need help

(4 Posts)
Winterfourteen Sun 20-Nov-16 14:21:23

Hi. Im new to mumsnet so not really sure how this works sad. I just feel like i am going to combust and i need to tell someone/anyone how im feeling.
I don't think i love my husband anymore. And im pretty sure he doesn't love me. We have been together since we were teenagers and we're all each other has ever known. We have been married 6 yrs and have two children. All we do is argue. All the time. Everything he does annoys me because i have so much resentment built up towards him and i just can't do this anymore. I have begged, cried, screamed , shouted, pleaded with him about what i need from the relationship and it falls on deaf ears. I don't feel like i am asking for much.
I like affection. To be hugged, kissed or hold my hand when we're out together. And i get nothing. And im starting to hate him for it. He shows me no affection what so ever. He says he doesn't like PDA but he never used to be like this and I feel like it's just a excuse. He never wants to do anything with me. His excuse all the time is he feels bad going out without the kids. But yet he doesn't feel bad when he makes time for his friends!! He is never spontaneous or romantic. I feel like im living with a roomate who helps me take care of my kids. There is no love in this relationship anymore and i just don't no what to do sad. It's just a vicious cycle. I resent him for not showing me any attention so then i lash out at him or give him a bi**hy comment and it's back to square one. I don't want to become bitter and angry and that is what i am becoming sad. I want my children to have a good home life and see a positive relationship. Not one where their parents are constantly arguing and im always crying. Please some one help me. Theres so mich more i could say but just feel like i am rambling on now.

peppatax Sun 20-Nov-16 14:40:39

No advice really but sympathy for you as I've just recently got out of something similar (I say that, resolving outstanding issues ends up in same vicious cycle).

Is there anywhere you can go to have some time apart? Is there anyone who can mediate?

Winterfourteen Sun 20-Nov-16 15:17:37

I do sometimes get out of the house for a couple of hours and un load on my friend but then i dread coming home because nothing has been resolved sad. I dont have anywhere i can go for a few days as my family don't really offer that support network. Im just trapped. I feel like this is going to be my life forever. Im in my mid twenties and just find the whole situation so depressing sadsad

peppatax Sun 20-Nov-16 20:07:57

I know it's tough but maybe start with your GP or health visitor. In my experience it takes a while to get some action for support but start the process. Identify some hobbies or things you would like to do, even if they're not really your thing but a chance to get some time alone/with other people who don't know you and your past. You can't change him but you can change you and being brave and breaking the cycle is a good place to start. If a separation isn't possible then some time/space won't necessarily resolve things but gives the situation a chance to cool down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now