Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my "friend" hit me last night.

(14 Posts)
youokayhun Sat 19-Nov-16 22:12:51

I don't really know why I'm writing this. Think I just a bit shocked really. She text me yesterday asking if I wanted to go out last night to a nearby town, I said I wouldn't go out to the town but might pop in the pub round the corner for a drink with them before they head off, I had however just got in bed early because I had had a shit day so may fall asleep. OH was out already with his friends.

Fast forward a couple of hours (I fell asleep) OH comes in, wakes me up, says come on stop moping, thought I'd come back and get you, come out for a bit it will cheer you up. So begrudgingly I get myself together and go out with him to a different nearby town. Accidentally left my phone at home but didn't really think about contacting the girls because they said they were going to X town and I was in Y town.

Anyway I end up horrendously drunk and we move from one pub to another, during this walk I (hazily) see one of the girls and suddenly the one who text just appears out of nowhere smacks me in the face and walks off.

I woke up in the morning and had a text from her saying "your a CUNT" - am I missing something here? I literally can't comprehend someone thinking that behaving like that is on really? I'm gutted for my kids, they're not going to understand why they can't go round and see their friends anymore....I don't really have any other mates so I'm sad but then I think what sort of a mate is that?! Jeez. I'm just a bit baffled.

PerryHatter Sat 19-Nov-16 22:24:26

When did she send that text?
That is a HUGE overreaction and if the text was sent whilst she would've still been drunk, she may be mortified today.

Bluntness100 Sat 19-Nov-16 22:30:07

Blimey, if this is her reaction the the fact she thinks you binned her off to go out with your partner it is extreme , to put it mildly,

I dunno, do you want to resurrect the relationship? I'd text her and say you were out of line with the smack and the text, but for the record here's what happened, I'd then also tell her to fuck off, but that's just me.

GrabtharsHammer Sat 19-Nov-16 22:37:21

God how ROUGH.

She obviously thought you'd fibbed her off for a night out with your OH, but to walk up and punch you? This is a grown woman with children?

I think you've had a lucky escape. At least you can avoid her from now on.

As an aside if my Dh came home to wake me up and drag me out for a drink I would be deeply unimpressed. No one gets between me and my sleep.

UnsuccessfullyAdulting Sat 19-Nov-16 22:39:28

Just text her back saying "*you're". And then don't ever talk to her again.

ScarletForYa Sat 19-Nov-16 22:40:35

I'd press charges.

lottieandmia Sat 19-Nov-16 22:41:49

I would not ever forgive someone for that - tell her to stay away from you. Have you reported her to the police (I would) how long have you known her?

youokayhun Sat 19-Nov-16 22:42:10

to be honest, she said she was driving so I don't even think she was drunk? She sent the text last night.

She's been off with me for a while which I have put down to her splitting from her OH and me getting into a new relationship so obviously I'm not going out much but she never used to before she was single. I can't even be arsed to give her my "reasons" because I don't think I owe her anything and her reaction was absurd. bit of a nightmare really, I don't really think I could get past it? I could be nice but clearly our friendship could never be the same.

youokayhun Sat 19-Nov-16 22:43:49

Sorry been a couple more posts whilst I was typing! I actually replied with "you're a grown woman. The only cunt here is you" and left it at that. I haven't got anything to say to her and to be honest wouldn't be at all surprised if she's sitting at home on her high horse thinking she was in the right

youokayhun Sat 19-Nov-16 22:44:31

Been friends for a year or two.

YouHadMeAtCake Sat 19-Nov-16 22:47:09

I would report this. You have witnesses. What an ignorant, nasty bitch.

SmallBee Sat 19-Nov-16 22:47:21

I'd probably ignore her for now because I think I'd end up saying something I'd regret.

However I'd want to text back something along the lines of ' I don't understand why you hit me last night, but I cannot keep in contact with someone who is physically violent. I don't want to teach my kids that this sort of behaviour is ok. Goodbye, youokay

SandyY2K Sat 19-Nov-16 22:47:32

Yeah. I'd let her know I'm reporting it as an assault.

Cucumber5 Sat 19-Nov-16 22:57:32

I probably would have text 'assault and verbal abuse. Just because DH woke me and took me out. You have a the problem'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now