Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

12 weeks pregnant My partner chocked me

(81 Posts)
username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 13:54:12

What will the police do if I call??

username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 13:59:55

Anyone please

Sparlklesilverglitter Fri 18-Nov-16 14:01:40

I think it they could charge for assault

Do you live with him? Have him arrested and change the locks?

Are you ok?

Florene Fri 18-Nov-16 14:04:41

They will arrest him and take him into custody.

They will take a statement from you and complete a risk assessment.

They will give you help and support via their Domestic Abuse team.

They will interview him and probably charge him with assault, taking into consideration aggravating factor of your pregnancy.

They will look at placing an order on him not to contact you for a specified amount of time.

Please call them.

43percentburnt Fri 18-Nov-16 14:05:29

Are you safe op? Where is he? If he is still in the house call 999 immediately. Being choked by a partner is very high risk and the next time he could kill you.

username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 14:07:01

He went to work.i would called when he was there but he would have taken the phone off me

loobyloo1234 Fri 18-Nov-16 14:07:17

Everything Florene said aswell as taking photos of any marks he has made to your neck to help them with any charges that are bought against him. Please call them

Do you have somewhere you can go OP? Family/friends house? For now at least

username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 14:07:25

Should I call 999 or 101?

username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 14:08:55

Yes I do have family that I can stay with.he won't be home till late tonight so I'm safe.

43percentburnt Fri 18-Nov-16 14:10:21

Regardless of how much he begs and pleads and says he will change.
Or how much he Sobs and weeps telling you you can do better than him. Or how much he says you pushed him or it's only because you know how to push his buttons, or he loves you too much. Or even he denies doing it full stop ' it was only a cuddle/tap/banter'.

He will do it again.

AudTheDeepMinded Fri 18-Nov-16 14:10:48

Call 999

43percentburnt Fri 18-Nov-16 14:11:42

Are you close to a police station? Can you call into it? How are you feeling?

CashelGirl Fri 18-Nov-16 14:12:08

You can also ask them about any history of violent behaviour under Clare's Law. Depending on.where you live they may want to refer the case to the local MARAC. The fact you are pregnant and he hss choked you are two very big red flags. Please speak to a domestic violence advocate for support OP. So sorry to read you are going through this. No matter what he or anyone else tries to say, you did nothing to provoke this and you do not deserve to be treated this way. Big hugs.

43percentburnt Fri 18-Nov-16 14:13:48

Agree with aud, call 999, tell them you were assaulted and he could return (because he easily could). Tell them you are pregnant.

WellErrr Fri 18-Nov-16 14:14:15

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Please do call the police flowers

username1234mum Fri 18-Nov-16 14:21:58

Thank you everyone, I called the police they're on their way now.in so scared in all the years he hit me I never Called the police.

Ooogetyooo Fri 18-Nov-16 14:23:06

Arrested and charged with assault

MollyRedskirts Fri 18-Nov-16 14:23:40

You have done the right thing. Well done.

idontlikealdi Fri 18-Nov-16 14:25:01

Well done. Stay strong.

Ooogetyooo Fri 18-Nov-16 14:25:11

In all the years he hit you ? Please look after yourself now and baby .

TheFlounder Fri 18-Nov-16 14:25:26

Well done, you don't want to bring your child in to a relationship like and you've taken the first step in the right direction. flowers

Redglitter Fri 18-Nov-16 14:26:58

Be sure and let them know it's not the first time it's happened

Manumission Fri 18-Nov-16 14:27:29

Will you stay with family long term?

Get ALL your important paperwork together as soon as he's out of the way (certificates, passport, financial documents, qualifications, maternity notes and other medical info, documents relating to the house, CV, HIS national insurance number...) and pack everything you need and more, personal possession-wise. You don't know when you'll be able to come back.

Do you have a car?

paap1975 Fri 18-Nov-16 14:28:00

Please never let him back into your life, for your sake and for your baby's

43percentburnt Fri 18-Nov-16 14:30:15

Well done op. Can you arrange to go to family?
Don't forget your passport, driving licence, credit/debit cards, any financial docs - mortgage, bank statements etc. your pregnancy notes. Birth certificate.

Go to GP and get this assault on your medical records, this may help with legal aid if you require it. You may want to consider acces via a contact centre only. I know this seems like a big decision to make steps towards now, but you read on here how women regret not putting these things in place. An audit trail is essential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now