Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm stuck and confused

(13 Posts)
NeedABitOfHelpPlease Wed 16-Nov-16 20:49:06

I'm a nc, long time lurker.
So tonight, dh has an interview tomorrow, I get he's stressed about it, I would be too. He asked me for some help with one of the questions and because I didn't answer the way he wanted he threw a drink over me and slapped me across the face. I'm hiding upstairs in shock. We have 2 dcs asleep. What the hell do I do? I'm scared to go downstairs in my own home! Sorry I'm rambling now but could really do with a hand hold.

mammymammyIRL Wed 16-Nov-16 20:49:48

Has he form for this?

meyourelookingfor Wed 16-Nov-16 21:09:15

This is not acceptable behaviour and you know it. Has this happened before? I know you are in shock. You need to process this and then act.

confused114 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:10:01

One of you needs to leave the house and this shouldn't be you. He needs to get out of the house asap. Be strong and as brave as you can. Hugs for you xx

noego Wed 16-Nov-16 21:15:41

This is assault. What right does he have to do that? Call the olice have him arrested. F**k the interview. Nothing Is more important than your safety and that of your children.

NeedABitOfHelpPlease Wed 16-Nov-16 21:15:46

Thank you. He's lost his temper before but never hit me, it's shocked me tbh. I just don't know what to do for the best. I have mental health issues, so I kind of blame myself. Have I driven him to this? Oh god I'm a total mess!

Horsegirl1 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:29:55

You ring the police and get him out the house. Gosh he sounds awful . Please get help and stay safe xx

Horsegirl1 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:30:41

Where is he now ? And are you safe ??

maroda16 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:32:01

You need to get him out of the house, that's outrageous op, call the police, get rid of him. I hope you're safe now

RebelRogue Wed 16-Nov-16 21:33:56

Stay safe. Call the police. Kick him out and dump him. Stay far far away.

Throwing things would be bad enough,but hurting you? And because what?! just cause you didn't answer fast enough for his liking? Is this how you want to live? Is this how you want your children to live?

goddessofsmallthings Wed 16-Nov-16 21:38:48

No if's, no but's. Call the police NOW as the tosser needs to learn that there are consquences for violent behaviour and that you won't tolerate being physically assaulted/abused.

NeedABitOfHelpPlease Wed 16-Nov-16 21:43:09

He's still downstairs and I'm up here crying like a dick. How do I do this? The dcs will hate me

noego Wed 16-Nov-16 21:43:38

It doesn't matter if you have MH issues. His temper is his temper. DO NOT blame your self. If he cannot control himself you need to protect yourself and your children. NO ONE has the right to raise their hand to you. You are protected by law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now