Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

down

(4 Posts)
user1471895431 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:44:50

Hi,

I'm really struggling at the moment. I live in a town miles away from family (the family I have left anyways, which is pretty much just my mum and brother) and only have two friends. One of which is mostly an internet friend and the other isn't someone who I can tell everything to- she also lives miles away. This next bit......please don't judge sad ... I have been talking to my ex for going on 6 years now. We kept in contact after we split up and had many ups and downs since then, with both of us admitting we had feelings for each other. Anyways, he had a child last October and since then, understandably, he's backed off massively. I messaged to ask how he was and he said not to message him anymore as his partner didn't like it (apparently my name popped up on his phone and she saw it). I have also noticed he's now blocked me on facebook. None of this should matter as I also have a little one and a boyfriend who i've been with since this ex and i broke up- but i'm worried i don't love my boyfriend enough sad our relationship is pretty such sex free and i feel like any spark has completely gone. I feel it even more now that i'm not talking to my ex as it's highlighted what's missing in my current relationship. i don't know what i'm asking for, maybe just needed to write it down. or maybe someone else has been in the same boat?? i'm so sad about it all

olderthanyouthink Tue 15-Nov-16 22:44:29

I can't give you any advice but I wanted to reply. I've been feeling down and if I can help some a bit less alone, I'd like that.

IWouldLikeToSeeTheseMangoes Wed 16-Nov-16 11:53:30

flowers and hand to hold for you both. Must be hard when you're so isolated OP. I was going to start a thread about feeling generally down and lost but didn't know where to start. Sometimes it can help just to get it off your chest or feel a little less alone like olderthanyouthink said.

AgeingMama Wed 16-Nov-16 12:00:17

The initial spark does go. Then you are left with a companionship type of love. It's up to both partners to inject the magic into the relationship. If you have used your energy elsewhere you have neglected your relationship.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now