Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Court ordered contact DV

(11 Posts)
Chirstmascake1 Sun 13-Nov-16 23:13:24

Hi, can I ask, what are your experiences of court ordered contact where there's been dv to mum, (a couple of police call outs on record) (narcissistic Pd imo)

goddessofsmallthings Mon 14-Nov-16 00:17:38

Is there a court order in place? If so, what does it stipulate with regard to contact?

Chirstmascake1 Mon 14-Nov-16 00:27:09

No order. We do it informally but I ancitipatr he will ask for more soon

goddessofsmallthings Mon 14-Nov-16 00:49:16

How long have you been separated?

How old are dc? Was any action taken against him and/or did the police/social services or other agency follow up after the call outs?

How often do the dc see him, do they stay overnight, and how are drop offs and pick ups arranged?

What makes you suspect he'll want more than your current arrangement?

Chirstmascake1 Mon 14-Nov-16 06:19:23

1 year, DD 2.5. 1 day at weekend. Organised ad hoc. Recent communications from him ...

jeaux90 Mon 14-Nov-16 07:33:30

No experience of a court ordered contact, plenty with a narc. If you want things set in stone and no debate then perhaps it's the right way to go if you want to limit communications, what do you want out of the situation?

horrayforharoldlloyd Mon 14-Nov-16 07:39:05

They gave him 50:50 with a 2 and 3 year old. He had arrests on his record and I had been heard at MARAC 5 times.

Chirstmascake1 Mon 14-Nov-16 07:43:12

horray Omg I can't believe that!!!! Haven't the courts changed a bit recently with some of the recent headline cases? Have you fought it?

pugsake Mon 14-Nov-16 07:44:54

Social gave him unsupervised every other weekend for a year whilst on tag before his house was raided by police (haven't been told why) and caught with drugs (haven't been told what) angry

Record for domestic violence and custodial sentence for armed robbery.

The system is shite.

Chirstmascake1 Mon 14-Nov-16 07:50:45

Surely in these circumstances (mine aren't that bad!) it's better to just move away??

horrayforharoldlloyd Mon 14-Nov-16 10:17:27

Hi Christmas. I fought it as best I could - but he used THE most expensive solicitors in the UK and I had to use a legal aid firm.....Once it is in the Court system you can't move away without consent. Will your ex demand 50:50 do you think? What do you think he is looking for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now