Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.


(13 Posts)
Dawndonnaagain Fri 11-Nov-16 15:43:10

Apparently I can download the form myself and fill it in myself. Anyone know how to fill it in, please!
Thank you!

PortiaCastis Fri 11-Nov-16 15:57:53

Found this Dawndonna not sure if it's applicable but have a read and see if there's any useful info there are different sections so may help

Dawndonnaagain Fri 11-Nov-16 16:51:28

Thank you Portia have printed, will peruse over the weekend!

PortiaCastis Fri 11-Nov-16 17:57:41

No probs, glad to be of help

Dadsussex Sun 13-Nov-16 23:35:38

As a man but also someone that serves these documents as part of my job/business....

Please get some advice from a lawyer, it really doesn't cost and arm and a leg. You can get a fixed fee for the work and TBH depending on why you need the injunction the difference in making sure everything is done correctly can aid a final outcome

Sorry to sound like im preaching, it's simply the advice I'd give a friend and believe it or not you 'may' be entitled to free advice and representation depending on your financial circumstances!

Dawndonnaagain Mon 14-Nov-16 08:12:50

Dadsussex, thank you, but I've been told by the solicitors firm that it could be up to £2000 because they don't know how long the solicitor will be hanging about the court for. Apparently that's if it's an all day job, but obviously it's unpredictable. I'm on £73.00 a week at the moment! They have said I will have to pay for the next meeting and whilst it may be free eventually, it's eventually and I need an injunction as soon as possible.

PortiaCastis Mon 14-Nov-16 16:02:58

Dawndonna Here's a site about emergency injunctions with numbers to ring, not sure if the circs are applicable but have a read anyway it may be useful

everythingis Mon 14-Nov-16 18:47:25

If you are trying to get a non mol contact your local women's aid or equivalent dc charity as where I live they can help you get one free

Dawndonnaagain Mon 14-Nov-16 19:04:42

It's women's aid who are helping with the forms tomorrow.
I can't get an emergency order from what I can see, he hasn't been here since August. However, he made counter allegations and they were dismissed last week. I'm concerned about repercussions. I want this is place as quickly as possible for various reasons which include protecting a very fragile adult dd with various disabilities.

PortiaCastis Mon 14-Nov-16 19:26:22

I've got a restraining order against ex but didn't qualify for legal aid Dawndonna but I've found another site for you. It takes a lot of reading and seems like you may qualify although can't be sure.
Hope it's of some help

Dawndonnaagain Mon 14-Nov-16 19:34:34

Thank you Portia, I'll ring them in the morning. It's one of those I may and I may not.

PortiaCastis Mon 14-Nov-16 19:48:09

I hope you can get a resolution Dawndonna I've read a lot of your posts and know how difficult things must be for you. I've had to look up the injunction stuff for myself so knew exactly what to google. Fortunately my Mum was able to help me out but I still would like to pay her back even though she says it doesn't matter.
I've been on my own a long time and dd was 18 recently, ex knew she stood to inherit from my Dads will and showed up after 5years wanting to see dd with the £ signs in his eyes
Evil git !!!!!!!!!
Good Luck to you

Dawndonnaagain Mon 14-Nov-16 21:33:45

That must be hell Portia, what an arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now